A traditional Cavendish laced with a secret combination of hazelnut and other natural flavorings make this blend a mild and tasty treat.

BrandPipes & Pleasures
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringNuts / Beans, Other / Misc
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
2.3
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

The hazelnut topping really lacks depth of flavor, and I have found this to be true of every hazelnut blend I have tried. I think hazelnut itself just may not have enough strength to make an impact on the smoker’s tongue. In this case, it weakens after the half way point, too. The gold Virginia is grassy with light citrus. The burleys are slightly nutty, and barely sweet. The toasted cavendish is innocuous. Has almost no nicotine. Burns well and leaves a little moisture in the bowl, but no dottle. Doesn’t have much of an after taste. It's not awful, but it's so low on the aro-scale that I don't see recommending it.

bent-1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bent-1 (36)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Background:

I?m mostly an aromatic smoker as I like the room note of a pipe separate from my love of Partagas cigars with a Cameroon wrapper. However, finding a well balanced aromatic has been interesting. Think I?ve found it in Randy?s Mix.

The pipe: a ¾ bent Pete System pipe, with 1.5? chamber depth & .750? opening

Review:

A mix of fire cured Virginia, Burley, & dark Cavendish tobaccos. Pouch opening had the scent of Honeysuckle & Hazelnut mix, neither overpowering the waft of a sweet Virginia tobacco. The aroma from the pouch proved true in the bowl and resulting drafts. Easy to stay lit, the taste didn't 'stack up' or change significantly at the end. Also, this smoked cool, mostly dry, & with absolutely NO BITE. The room aroma & after taste was also quite pleasant. It?s not a full bodied, creamy smoke, but a light tasty snack if you will.

6/09 downrated to 3 stars. Maybe its the taste buds, but I wish there was a bit more body to the blend, still tasty.

Helmsman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Helmsman (18)

I love this tobacco. I smoke this from my Bjarne churchwarden. Randy did a great job. Glad he doesn't sell this tobacco in tins, because this is, if not better than most tin blends. Good price, does not bite, sweet hazelnut taste, and very pleasant aroma. Great indoor smoke. I will be ordering more.