A traditional Cavendish laced with a secret combination of hazelnut and other natural flavorings make this blend a mild and tasty treat.

BrandPipes & Pleasures
bent-1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bent-1 (32)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Background:

I?m mostly an aromatic smoker as I like the room note of a pipe separate from my love of Partagas cigars with a Cameroon wrapper. However, finding a well balanced aromatic has been interesting. Think I?ve found it in Randy?s Mix.

The pipe: a ¾ bent Pete System pipe, with 1.5? chamber depth & .750? opening

Review:

A mix of fire cured Virginia, Burley, & dark Cavendish tobaccos. Pouch opening had the scent of Honeysuckle & Hazelnut mix, neither overpowering the waft of a sweet Virginia tobacco. The aroma from the pouch proved true in the bowl and resulting drafts. Easy to stay lit, the taste didn't 'stack up' or change significantly at the end. Also, this smoked cool, mostly dry, & with absolutely NO BITE. The room aroma & after taste was also quite pleasant. It?s not a full bodied, creamy smoke, but a light tasty snack if you will.

6/09 downrated to 3 stars. Maybe its the taste buds, but I wish there was a bit more body to the blend, still tasty.

Helmsman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Helmsman (18)

I love this tobacco. I smoke this from my Bjarne churchwarden. Randy did a great job. Glad he doesn't sell this tobacco in tins, because this is, if not better than most tin blends. Good price, does not bite, sweet hazelnut taste, and very pleasant aroma. Great indoor smoke. I will be ordering more.