Another house favorite. Loaded with the finest Black Cavendish and a single malt highlight. Perfect for the cool night.

Brandpipesandcigars.com

Comment = Very Smooth, Very Mild, Mellow with a good Flavor, it's not too sweet

HobgoblinTA96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HobgoblinTA96 (42)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Another excellent blend from the Scotty's P&C tobacco line. For those of us old enough to remember the shopping mall tobacconist of the 80's, it is fond memories indeed. Row upon row of fragrant aromatic tobacco in glass canisters, the ambience of times long past. To me, this blend conjures up the entire genre. The tin note, room note, and flavor of this brilliant Burley/Black Cavendish blend brings all of these wonderful memories back home for me. Sadly, it is to be discontinued by P&C and is destined to go the way of the shopping mall tobacconist. Only to be a memory of what once was. P&C says the blend is a victim of the new Deeming regulations. Rubbish, this blend was around before the 2007 rule. It is a shame the younger generation will never be able to experience the blends like this that were the inspiration for many we have today. What a loss, that they will never have the fond memories our generation does.

Pipe Used: Comoy's Zulu & Safari Billiard

Age When Smoked: Fresh to 6 months

Purchased From: Pipes&Cigars

Similar Blends: Vintage American aromatic circa 1980.

Theosprey247 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theosprey247 (69)
Very Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

With a name like milk and honey you would think it would be sweet and wholesome. But no my friends it's not. The predominant flavor is booze ( whisky I guess I not drink), but it's a very mild taste and not overpowering. Low nic levels will allow you to smoke this on an empty stomach and be ok. Lights easy and stays lit. Very mild flavor, no tongue bite. If you like whisky flavor this will float your boat. Bottom line it's goods, but I would be ordering it again.

Pipe Used: Cobs and briars

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Milk and Honey marks the end of my winter long “vacation” into aromatics. Milk and Honey is an aromatic blend that I believe was part of the Pipes and Cigar's stable of blends prior to the days of Russ Ouellette as the chief blender. M&H is a full on aromatic that is pleasant and sweet. I don't get a lot of the scotch flavor as it is very subtle. I also think that I taste some Lane tobacco in the blend. I didn't detect any bite from M&H and it doesn't burn wet. Scotty has created a solid, although not unique, reliable aromatic with Milk and Honey. Recommended.

HokieGeek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HokieGeek (23)

Yes! This was a great smoke! A sweet-tasting tobacco that tastes naturally sweet. I enjoyed this considerably and really affirmed that I need to explore more virginia blends.

Edit: In an order to P&C I ordered 1oz of Old Red but they mistakenly put in 1oz of this but called it Old Red (mistakes happen). So I initially made this review for that tobacco. When I bought 8oz of Old Red, I quickly realized it wasn't the same thing I tried. Bob at P&C very graciously sent me 8oz of this tobacco and I quickly moved my original review above here.

Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (13)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

A decent all day smoke due to its mildness. Smoked it while raking the l;eavies and I loaded several bowls one after the other with no bad effect (and I have a pretty weak stomach for nicotine).

No mouth burn and I was puffing pretty good while doing the yard work. It stayed lit and was just dry enough.

Probably wouldn't send for it again but wouldn't turn it down either.

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

If you want a good black cavendish this one should do nicely. I think it is a little mild for my taste and don't smoke it too much.

It is nice for when you want something light. Or if you want those around you to not be offended but I rarely if ever smoke for anyone but myself. I am offended by cigarette smoke but have to tollerate it, so I could'nt care less about most not liking my smoke smell, especailly a cigarette smoker. At least my girlfriend says it smells good and she does not complain.

Another good blend from Scotty's series. Honestly I need to try the tobacco's I have not gotten to yet in this series because old red is my favorite and this is great also. Good job Scotty and Russ!

Update: this is still good but try mcclelland VBC (vanilla black cavendish)is much better, trust me.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (53)

This milk and honey form Scotty blends is pretty nice but a little weak. To begin with it has a great pouch aroma.the wife had no problems with the aroma the tobac is a little sticky . The first light went out and I tamped it and then it just was like cruising. The single malt plays a nice part with the cavendish and the smoke was kind of airy but not really weak. To me the smoke felt milky on my lips and the single malt gave it the honey aroma ,at least thats the way I like the to imagine it.