Another house favorite. Loaded with the finest Black Cavendish and a single malt highlight. Perfect for the cool night.

Brandpipesandcigars.com

Raw Score = 57

Rated Percentage = 95%

Comment = Very Smooth, Very Mild, Mellow with a good Flavor, it's not too sweet

Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Milk and Honey marks the end of my winter long “vacation” into aromatics. Milk and Honey is an aromatic blend that I believe was part of the Pipes and Cigar's stable of blends prior to the days of Russ Ouellette as the chief blender. M&H is a full on aromatic that is pleasant and sweet. I don't get a lot of the scotch flavor as it is very subtle. I also think that I taste some Lane tobacco in the blend. I didn't detect any bite from M&H and it doesn't burn wet. Scotty has created a solid, although not unique, reliable aromatic with Milk and Honey. Recommended.

nater3525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
nater3525 (3)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I am new to pipe smoking so here is a beginners perspective. I chose this blend because it seemed like a good mild blend to start with. I was pleased with it I have only had 2 bowls and the first wasn't what i expected, but the second was better I think i packed the first wrong. Overall I like the smoothness of this blend, did not get any real tongue bite, it seems like something is missing though.

HokieGeek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HokieGeek (23)

Yes! This was a great smoke! A sweet-tasting tobacco that tastes naturally sweet. I enjoyed this considerably and really affirmed that I need to explore more virginia blends.

Edit: In an order to P&C I ordered 1oz of Old Red but they mistakenly put in 1oz of this but called it Old Red (mistakes happen). So I initially made this review for that tobacco. When I bought 8oz of Old Red, I quickly realized it wasn't the same thing I tried. Bob at P&C very graciously sent me 8oz of this tobacco and I quickly moved my original review above here.

Coltrane Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coltrane (26)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This one is a very good aeromatic it is quite good with a pleasent room note and finish profile. From the pouch it literally smells like honey bunches of oats cereal. But while your smoking it, the flavor is awsome; especially for me being an English blend fan. My dad doesn't like this blend but for me it is good! I sometimes add a bit of latakia to it to make it an aeromatic English and it evens things out even better.

I would recommend this blend for experienced smokers who has the patience to appreciate a fine smoke. It might be a little apprehensive for new smokers but go ahead and give it a try, you might like it.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)

One of the better tasting tobaccos topped with scotch. Not quite as good as Just For Him's Dusk, but a close second. Packs easy, burns well and has little potential for bite if smoked properly. Taste is mildly sweet and the scotch topping pretty much remains throughout the bowl without becoming too overwhelming.

Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (13)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

A decent all day smoke due to its mildness. Smoked it while raking the l;eavies and I loaded several bowls one after the other with no bad effect (and I have a pretty weak stomach for nicotine).

No mouth burn and I was puffing pretty good while doing the yard work. It stayed lit and was just dry enough.

Probably wouldn't send for it again but wouldn't turn it down either.

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

If you want a good black cavendish this one should do nicely. I think it is a little mild for my taste and don't smoke it too much.

It is nice for when you want something light. Or if you want those around you to not be offended but I rarely if ever smoke for anyone but myself. I am offended by cigarette smoke but have to tollerate it, so I could'nt care less about most not liking my smoke smell, especailly a cigarette smoker. At least my girlfriend says it smells good and she does not complain.

Another good blend from Scotty's series. Honestly I need to try the tobacco's I have not gotten to yet in this series because old red is my favorite and this is great also. Good job Scotty and Russ!

Update: this is still good but try mcclelland VBC (vanilla black cavendish)is much better, trust me.

Devonshire Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Devonshire (47)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Sweet and balanced describe this blend well. I've always felt that dark cavendish makes a good base for sweet, but light, aromatics. This blend shows off a good balance of gentle scotch flavoring with an excellent, high quality cavendish.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

I'll have to give high marks to this predominantly black cavendish blend. It burns cool, is flavorful and an all around good smoke. The single malt really adds a unique flavor and is especially enjoyable. Unlike many black candish based tobaccos, this high grade leaf will not goop up your pipe and burns to the bottom creating only ash. Another 4 star blend from Scotty & Co.

Maverick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Maverick (7)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

OK, here we have a blend of obvious high quality but lacking in strength. The pouch aroma is so enticing that you will want to eat it, rather than burn it. In fact, if I had young children around I would keep the pouch out of their reach in order to prevent such a thing. It smells that good. The tobaccos are of high quality, pack well, and burn well, but there is just not enough flavor for me. The room note is very nice, I have been told. In order to use up my 2 ounce sample and a couple of other tobaccos which don't work for me, I mixed this with the other blends, Borkhum Riff Whiskey and Louisiana Red in the ratio 2 parts Milk and Honey : 2 parts BK Whiskey : 1 part Louisiana Red. This created a blend which I happen to really enjoy, proving that sometimes the total can be greater than the sum of its parts. To summarize, a quality smoke but it just doesn't have enough strength for this English and Balkan lover. If you prefer aromatics, I heartily recommend Butternut Burley. Happy smoking !!

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (47)

This milk and honey form Scotty blends is pretty nice but a little weak. To begin with it has a great pouch aroma.the wife had no problems with the aroma the tobac is a little sticky . The first light went out and I tamped it and then it just was like cruising. The single malt plays a nice part with the cavendish and the smoke was kind of airy but not really weak. To me the smoke felt milky on my lips and the single malt gave it the honey aroma ,at least thats the way I like the to imagine it.