Great for those who like the taste of Latakia.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Pleasant, Tolerable
SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

This is a very “steaky” tobacco. It feels and tastes very substantial. Sort of “irony.” And that substantial, meaty, steaky, irony strength only grows as you get down the bowl. It burns alright, though you'll probably need a few relights. The flavor changes very little as you go down, but it does get stronger with each relight. Also, the smoke gets a little harsher with each relight, though not so harsh on the throat as I find Nightcap…just a bit more prickly on the tongue, but not out of bounds. The flavor's a bit too one dimensional, for me—I'd get bored with it if I had it very frequently. But it revs my appetite for steak, so I think it would make a great aperitif to a steak dinner.

Joe G Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joe G (5)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Very pleasant smoke. No tongue bite. Good taste of Latakia. I don't pick up any floral notes. Enjoying it with a cup of coffee on a rainy morning and it quite hits the spot. Highly recommended. Nice blend.

QuidCorpus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
QuidCorpus (4)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a blend for those who love Latakia. Its my all day smoke. As previously stated, it only gets better the more you smoke it. It tends to bite -but just a bit. but overall, my favorite English blend from Milan till today. Got my half pound right here :D

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Medium Medium Strong

I like this blend and found it very enjoyable. KR blend has a load os Latakia. There is a almost walnut taste with this blend. It is Medium in strenght but mild on the tongue. Stays lit easy and stays fresh for a long time.KR Blend only get better as you smoke. For those who love a full latakia blend this is for you. MILAN TOBACCONIST as usual another great blend.

Elkabong Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Elkabong (11)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

Based upon a recent article in P&T magazine, I was anxious to try this shop's blends. I was disappointed with this.

I am 90 per cent. an English smoker, preferring 965 and a distant cousin, Armada (see Pipesandcigars.com's blends).

I was unprepared for the "soapy" taste predominate in this tobacco. I've debated with others what this soapy taste is all about, and have come to the conclusion that this is what many people mean when they use the term, "floral elements." Every time I see that cited, I taste soap. It is this taste that I am referring to when I checked off Medium to Strong in the Flavoring category in the ratings.

Admittedly, the soapiness fades into the background about a third or so into the bowl, but, after this, I'm left with a borderline harsh, unpleasant, though smokeable flavor -- one that I don't intend to smoke again.

As folks are fond of stating, "Your mileage may vary." Taste is a subjective thing, or we wouldn't still have Mixture 79. Funny old world, it is.