Fire-cured Cavendish tobaccos flavored to produce an extremely mild, slow burning, cool smoke blended with mature-black Cavendish and high yellow bright flue-cured tobaccos. Very pleasant room aroma and a light sweet taste.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)

Sportsman is not, IMO, Milan's best aromatic. Chartwell is far better for a tobacco in this general category, and Sunset Rum is far, FAR better for a flavored tobacco in the more natural category.

Sportsman is an extremely cool smoke, up until the last few minutes. It does have that going for it. That's really the only exceptional thing about it.

At the very end, it warms up, and turns a bit bitter (the bitter turn at the end is far more pronounced in Wall Street).

The taste and smell are sort of that generic aromatic tobacco thing. Tough to describe. Nothing special. Very...well, yeah, I guess generic is the word.

There are many worse tobaccos in the world, for sure; but, there are many better ones, too. Life is too short to smoke unremarkable tobaccos.

Tuberon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tuberon (5)

This was my first pipe after many, many, years. I don't know enough yet to give a detailed description. I did enjoy smoking it though, and I would recommend it. Thanks.

Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Sportsmen is another well done aromatic from the folks at Milan. When I smoke the occasional aromatic, cherry flavored blends are generally at the bottom of my list. Sportsmen is one of those exceptions as the cherry is not overpowering and it plays a firm, but supporting role. If I only smoked aromatics, I could see this as being an all day type of blend. There isn't any goop in the pipe and the flavor stays sweet with no bitterness or chemical flavor. The room note is quite nice too. Recommended.

APaladin2001 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
APaladin2001 (1)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

The description of this variety sounds about right. It smokes very smoothly with a good throat hit and a mild sweet after taste. This has become my daily tobacco and I love it. I've enjoyed all of the Milan blends but this and Sunset Rum are my favorites.

alleycat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
alleycat (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I think the product description is just about right with this one. This could easily be someone's everyday tobacco. Does burn a little hotter at the end, but still on the mild to medium side.

john1179 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
john1179 (10)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I have to say that right out of the bag this one demands to be noticed. aroma is wonderful, the strength is very mild. although it does not say in the descption, there is a hint of some cherry to it,very mild though. the room note is very pleasing, even more so outside with alittle chill in the air. fast becoming one of my main blends. the people at milan are the best!