Olden red Virginia tobaccos and aromatic Black Cavendish with lively fruit and vanilla flavors.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Vanilla
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild, Mild to Medium
2.0
scottyspipesebay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scottyspipesebay (25)
Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I bought an oz. of this on a whim from a flyby-night tobacco joint in Bend, OR. a few years ago in 99. At the time I smoked a few bowls and it left me wondering why I just didn't wait until they got my favorite Cav in at the Specialty Cigar store. I decided it's only hope was to cellar it. Well I just got around to opening it up today and give it a second try. Well, 3 years later and it tastes the same, and yes, I DO know how to age tobacco. If I'd thrown in some good pungent cutter grade with it, there may have been a chance to salvage this, but as it is, it is the most bland, unimaginative WEED I have wasted my money on. Not worth dirtying my pipe with. There is an old adage that goes like this: you get what you pay for.

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (86)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I found this blend in a small tobacco outlet store. He had a few other Stokkebye blends, but they didn't appeal to me. Like most of us, I started out smoking aromatic blends, and now smoke almost nothing but english mixtures. 2 ounces for $1.99, I thought, why not. Remind me not to think anymore about aromatics. The tastes aren't too bad upon the initial lighting, but then they more or less disappear, once you get things going. As with most aromatics, things can start heating up a bit, and this blend is no exception. Reminds me of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, but I like Sir Walter, hands down. I think I've been spoiled with Sam Gawith blends. Not my cup of tea...

romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (43)

This is a mild fruit and vanilla mix, certainly not as strong as Blue Note, but along similar lines. If you like this, I'd suggest you try McClelland 5115 Old World Classic, which is a Virginia w/ fruit mix that IMHO has better tobacco flavor.