After sixty-fiveyears of experimenting with our taste buds and listening to our customers' cravings and needs, we are proud to present a unique Virginia Flake to be added to our selection of tobacco blends

BrandSmoker's Haven
Blended ByMcClelland
Extremely Mild

I have a lot of respect for the SH blends and many of their blends are among my top ten go to blends, but this one is still a toss up.

Appearance and Tin Aroma: 3/4" by 1 1/4" flakes in the tin that are mostly mohagany colored with some stripes of golden VA interspersed. It smells like a typical VA from McClelland, the tin aroma reminds me much of the "Christmas Cheer" series.

Packing and Lighting: The flakes are moist, so I suggest airing out what you will smoke. Rubbing out fully seemed to work best in order for decent burning. 4-5 five lights to get going.

Initial Flavor: Very much like fresh "Christmas Cheer" Lots of Red VA flavor, clovey and spicy too.

Mid-Bowl: Could not get this blend in the zone, too spicy. Red Va is still prominent flavor.

Bottom of Bowl: Rounds out a bit, but still too many of the high flavor notes. Leaves quite a bit of moisture at the bottom and the shank when done.

Overall: This blend needs age!!! I can tell that it will develop into a very tasty blend once the sharpness mellows with age. It does taste very much like the "Christmas Cheer" series by MC so I don't think I will be purchasing anymore for now. Not really a bell ringer for this piper. After my last tin ages for a few years, I will revisit this blend and see what happens...