As a celebration of the new Millennium, Marc Burrows has created his very own mixture which pleases his palate and he hopes that of most discerning pipe smokers. It's a mixture of Lemon and Bronze Virginias, a sprinkling of Oriental Leaf and Latakia with a dash of Rubbed Flake. A bowl of this is a treat with a glass of Dunhill Whiskey - medium in strength

Notes: Only available at Dunhill's Store, London.

BrandDunhill
Blended ByDunhill
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Tolerable to Strong
Trumpetboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Trumpetboy (13)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

I was lucky enough to be given a tin of this straight from the House of Dunhill several years ago and recently opened it. The blend is fairly medium in color, certainly with a high Oriental component. It almost remimded me of a slightly milder version of Durbar. The smoking qualities are very smooth and refined, but I kept on looking for a backbone of depth that I haven't quite found yet. Perhaps in a larger oil-cured Dunhill or Ashton...maybe. Certainly a pleasant enough smoke, but found wanting a bit more of a good thing... The room note was a bit acrid accoring to my wife- probably the Orientals rather than the Latakia which is minimal. Still glad I got to try it!

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

I sure miss conversing with Marc Burrows. He was a fine gentleman and long-time blender of fine tobaccos at the Dunhill store in London. Once a year or so, I'd have him make me a few 50g tins of Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture without the Perique. When Dunhill quit hand blending, I lost touch but sure hope life finds Marc doing well.

He gifted me a tin of his own "Turn of the Century" blend soon after he completed the recipe. And now, 8 years later, I have finally popped the top and enjoyed several bowls. Marc sure knew how to spice the Orientals with just enough Latakia and Virginia to make for an enticing and mellow smoke.

This one does lean toward an Early Morning Pipe/Aperitif sort of flavor and is easy on the palate. Not overwhelming but showing a lot of class.... Sort of like Marc himself.