A Lemon and Bronze Virginia flake previously known as "Dark Flake" or Mixture 179. The flake is gently rubbed out to give the smoker cool burning qualities. Mild to medium strength.

Notes: Only available at Dunhill's Store, London.

BrandDunhill
Blended ByDunhill
Strength
None Detected, Medium
Taste

I cheated a little bit with this one and had Dunhill Master Blender make me up a few tins of 36166 with Perique. I had heard this was a mild straight Virginia and wanted a little something extra. I enjoyed all of the tins I ordered (back in the late 1990's) and the compilation was very similar to Elizabethan but less strong and much slow burn rate as this one is a broken flake.

Pipestud

Pipemanuk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipemanuk (76)

This is, or was, known as Dark Flake. I was lucky enough to discover a tin; lucky as I don't think this has been available for a good 20 years. Definitely a decent amount of Virginia in it...it has a leathery scent with a slight citrus edge. Smokes cool, mereist hint of tongue bite if you puff too hard. Difficult to compare this venerable specimen to modern tobaccos for obvious reasons, but i would hazard a guess that Sam Gawiths FVF aged as long as this would still have an edge. I can see why this was discontinued....it's average in every way.