Medium brown fairly coarse shag-cut tobacco.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
2.7
fatherDougal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fatherDougal (28)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

My whole reason for buying this PS RGRum was to blend it with part of a cigar leaf "brick" I acquired last year. It is a very subtle aromatic (read: I can't detect any rum, just a mild sweetness that might be). But the cut is good and it burns evenly and cleanly, without scorch or bite. A tremendous value, to boot. I will report back later if my "Cuban" experiment has helped brighten the Rum, and (hopefully) tone down the cigar leaf.

UPDATE: What a great combination! It is a strong, tangy smoke without being anything like an Old English. I put 1 part cigar leaf to 3 parts Rum and let it molder for a month. It is greater than the sum of its parts. I'm not sure if this stuff is made anymore, but it makes a great blender to knock the edge off a sharp leaf.

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)

This tobacco did not impress me very much. I like other rum blends I have tried like altadis jamestowne tradition rum but could pass on this one.

I found it to burn hot and have too much bite. It is not the worst I have smoked though and I could smoke it once and a while. I gave the rest of the bag to a friend and he seems to like it a lot so maybe it is just me. I just found it to be kind of bitter.

If you don't like a lot of sweetness in your tobacco and want a decent rum taste and aroma this may work for you.

tiltjlp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tiltjlp (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

While I'm not big on aromatics, I love mild to medium rum aromatics. Roayal Guard Rum is one of the best, most flavorful rum blends I have tried, with a prefect balance. Too often the strength of the tobacco overpowerd and drowns out the rum flavoring, but not with this blend. This is one of very few aromatics I enjoy as much for the aroma as for the taste and flavor, which comes form rum, of course.

John

Maimonides Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Maimonides (70)

For an aromatic, it seems less synthetic- I would recommend it to any new pipe smoker who likes aromatics. The price is attractive also.

In the world of budget tobacco, this is quite good. Mildly aromatic, you can still taste the tobacco. Not bad at all.

Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

A very good smoke for a light Aromatic. Fairly coarse strands so the tobacco smokes a long time. Good burning characteristics, moisture content, aroma, and taste. Amazing value. I payed about $8.00 U.S. for 12 ounces of this. Will also make a good blender due to the somewhat subdued flavor or scent added.