A rich long cut of Burley, Cavendish, Virginia, Turkish, and Latakia tobaccos. These leaves are enhanced with the clean aroma of an Irish essence.

Notes: Clean with savory note, this blend is reminiscent of a mellow Irish Cream, but don’t serve this one over ice.

BrandUhle's
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

3.2

Uhle’s of Milwaukee is home to some great Burley’s, the excellent English, Bishop’s Move, and they made some nice aromatics too. Irish Aromatic tastes a little bit more cased than the other Uhle’s aromatics that I have tried, but like the other’s it’s not cloying. I don’t get a lot of the spirits scent in the pouch, but rather just a sweet aromatic. Uhle’s website makes no mention of the added Virginia, Turkish or Latakia like the description does here at Tobacco Reviews. I would go with TR’s description as there clearly are other component tobaccos in addition to Cavendish in this blend. I was sure to dry this out as it comes rather moist. To my delight, the flavor of Irish Mist comes through right away, followed by the flavor of Burley and Cavendish with the other tobaccos in a supporting role. I would call this mild to medium in strength because there is some strength as the bowl progresses although I have never received a nic hit from it, however even though I dried this pretty well, it burned hot for me. For that reason I likely won’t buy more of this. It’s a shame, because I love the flavor.

Purchased From: Uhle's Milwaukee

Pipey McGee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipey McGee (6)

This is an excellent blend from an equally excellent establishment. The aroma in the pouch is slightly sweet with hints of smokey latakia. Once lit, the latakia and turkish tobaccos add a depth that many aromatics do not possess. My wife and friends all seem to like the room note, which is a plus for a blend that is also pleasurable to smoke. As the name implies this is certainly an aromatic, but it is much closer in profile to those from the 1940s and 1950s (like the original Rum & Maple and the old Lane aromatics when they contained latakia) than to most of what is being sold in bulk at tobacco shops today. While Irish Aromatic is the blend that made me fall in love with the taste and aroma of latakia, I hesitate to call it a "crossover" since it should be seen as what it is and not necessarily as a stepping stone to stronger English blends.

cturnitsa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cturnitsa (9)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Very pleasant. I am typically an aromatic smoker, but usually veer towards those with milder casings. This is a really fine, mild English/Non-Aro blend. You can sense the sweetness of the Virginia...the Cavendish gives the smoke body...there is a bit of vitamin N from the Burley (but not too much)...and the Latakia makes it all honest. The "Irish Essence" is there, but stays in the background. Just standing out enough to make itself known. Very nice.

Pipe Used: Wessex Standard Billiard

Age When Smoked: New (less than 1 month since purchase from Uhle's)

Purchased From: Uhle's website

Similar Blends: Distantly related to a Frog Morton type blend..

Rusticsmoke90 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rusticsmoke90 (6)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This is one of my top favorite blends. Our local tobacco shop has a nice veriety of pipe tobaccos. I have tried just about all of them and I would say that this is my favorite of all. I love how it smells sweet yet it is strong. It does not leave me with tounge bite nor does it tend to burn too hot. Irish aromatic is a nice well balenced tobacco.

pDzine Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pDzine (12)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I've gone through a few sample packs of the "Irish". In keeping with the name I smoked this all through Milwaukee's Irish Fest.

This is a great blend if you like Latakia, but need to please the crowd.

This is a great blend with enough going on to keep you interested all the way through. Your neighbors will appreciate the aroma from your pipe.

wipipecop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wipipecop (3)

I am a virginia smoker, but I saw this at a Wisconsin store that Uhles sells to and smelled the package and was hooked.. I had no idea what was in it or how strong it was but loved the package smell, and since it was near St Patricks day I thought, what the hell, I got a few Petersons so I better smoke something Irish!!. The smell, roomnote and taste all seem to fit together on this one, unlike virginias. What impressed me the most is how clean, and dry it smokes and really has a different taste from what im use to. I recently went back to the store to buy some more of this and the clerk said, You like this stuff? and I said yes.. Im not sure why he remarked that as he always has a pipe in his mouth when I walk in.. Maybe its not a big seller there. I think the next time im in the big city ( Milwaukee) ill stop by the Uhles store and ask how it sells for them. Mike

BriarLaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarLaw (85)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Ah yes . . . . an English aromatic. Not many of these around. A very high-quality Cavendish blend with deep smoky undertones from a bit of Latakia as well as some spice from Turkish. Truly a unique tobacco. Not a pure English, but by no means a goopy aromatic. It really does not foul the pipe even though the room note is sweet and delicious. I find this to be very similar to Wilke's Pipemaker's Choice. In fact, it is very similar. Along the same vein as Hermit's Pink Champagne, albeit quite a bit less full bodied.

Do try this if you like this genre. It is a very high quality tobacco from a small tobacco company that turns out top notch product and is worthy of our support. Try Uhle's tobaccos. I have been impressed.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (44)

When I opened the pouch I thought another english,NO! So I lit the corn cob pipe and boy did my tongue wonder what the hell I was smoking . I relighted the pipe twice and on the second torch I was in a very calm state of mind and thought this is another star for Uhle .The latakia just comes and gives the cavendish the spice kick it needs to make my smokey experience a bliss. I am going to buy a pound of this stuff when I finish my smokey tour of Uhles tobaccos.Being shy of 30 years of age I would smoke this after a bowl of lucky charms.

Effluvinator Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Effluvinator (32)

Having gone through an ounce or so of this I can state that while there are some tobaccos from Uhle's that I keep around as regular stock items, this isn't one of them. It wasn't that I disliked it--I just didn't like it that much and there are many of their other tobaccos that I prefer. Primarily I like non-aromatic blends so many mild aromatic tobaccos just don't do it for me. You get a little more taste than with some of their other aromatics due to the the latakia, although it is a small component of the blend. I believe their description also includes burley. If you enjoy milder aromatics you would probably like this. It just doesn't have enough overall strength for me, however, and of Uhle's aromatic blends I much prefer the #300 or #255.

emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)

Located 1½ hours north of its big brother, Chicago, Milwaukee is a pleasant, old industrial city rich in squatty, ornate Teutonic architecture, Mader?s and Karl Ratsch?s excellent, bountiful German cuisine, an amazing new art museum, Usinger's yummy sausages and, of course, the venerable Uhle?s Tobacco Shop. It is a charming old store smack dab in the heart of downtown, with knowledgeable people operating it and a cute little smoking room, where pipe smokers gather to talk, read and play chess. It?s a warm haven of old world luxury. The pipe selection is good, though expensive, but they offer excellent pipe repairs at decent prices. Uhle?s has about 25 different house mixtures, including a candied and noxious Christmas blend you might want to devote to that unwanted Dr. Grabow. There are numerous tin offerings as well, but they run high when you factor in the steep Wisconsin tobacco tax.

Though I have not sampled all of them, Irish Aromatic is perhaps Uhle?s finest. This is a moist, Cavendish with latakia and a pleasing, non-cloying casing that can be enjoyed all day; smooth and creamy. It makes any room smell wonderful, and it?s great in the car; much better than any of those sickening sweet cream soda or pina colada car fresheners you purchased at the car wash.

Simple, straightforward and gentle to the tongue, Uhle?s Irish is a go to blend for those who like a bit of sugary sweetness with their non-aromatic. I may try some of their English blends, but there?s already so much good stuff out there, I might not get around to it.

Four of five stars

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I was in Wisconsin because nobody in Illinois does pipe repairs, and while in Uhles working out the details of the repairs, I found myself puffing away on this blend. This was really a weird mixture,it conatins Turkish and Latakia but tastes more like an aromatic.I was told it was cased with IRISH ESSENCE. There are really no other tobaccos you can compare this to.I has the distinct flavor of an Irish Cream liquer,yet, it is not very sweet or cloying.I was there with a good friend (who also reviews on this site)and asked him to give it a try. That was all it took! We walked out of there with about a half pound of the stuff and have enjoyed it for tha past 5 weeks.A very pleasant change of pace for smokers of all types of tobaccos.It burns very cool with zero tongue bite and leaves no nasty residue at the bottom of your pipe.All in all a great smoke.