blend of very mild aged Burleys and toasted cavendish with
the crisp taste of apple. An old favorite.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish
CutShag
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild, Mild
1.8
Very Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

This doesn't taste like apple to me either. It tastes of cheap Burley, and I won't fool with this again. It is a fixture in a chain of tobacco shops where I live. If they don't start carrying better stuff, they will certainly go under...

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

Try as I might, I just couldn't connect with this one. The idea of apple sounded strangely interesting. Too bad I still don't know how that tastes - I never detected a trace of apple. What little taste there was, was just mild Burley.

About like Price Albert or Grainger, but only about 25% of the flavor.

Pipe Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Guy (23)
Very Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

I couldn't detect any apple flavor in the pouch aroma, the room aroma, or the taste. This tobacco is just sweet in the aforementioned categories.

The tobacco burns fairly well without gooping up the pipe. This is a tobacco with a nice room note, but it's just too plain and unimpressive for my tastes.

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (172)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I consider it the best Apple Tobacco, better than John Middleton's Apple and the Brazilian Apple Tobaccos.

This is a different aromatic... It have only a slighly flavorization of Apple. Seems non aromatic, but is...

Is an aromatic, but not looses the tobacco flavour and taste. Burley Taste.

Very good tobacco, wet in adequate ammount, charge the bowl easily but burns a little hot,

From this, smoke slownly to scent the flavour.

Notes of Apple in the pouch and in the smoke. In smoke, also some Chocolate Notes

I reccomend it, both to people that enjoy or not aromatics.

The Brand, Altadis, is famous to produce good products.

Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I was sent this blend as a sample. I would never have bought an "apple blend" but as I have it I thought I would see how it smoked. I expected a sickly sweet and tart tobacco. It was a shag cut with mottled colors running from light to dark, and was not as wet as a lot of Altadis blends, which was a good sign. It packed well into my pipe with no stickiness at all on my fingers. It lit and stayed lit all the way down to the bottom of my pipe, leaving no goop at the bottom and it never created a gurgle like a lot of aromatics do. I was awarded with a very nice mellow smoke, very burley which I like, and a very pleasant room aroma. Aroma and taste never did reveal apple however. Just a good, clean, pleasant smoke. I really do not know where to rate this. It is a good smoke and I will finish the pouch as I received a good pipe experience and enjoyed it. A lot of pluses here really in this type of blend. But, as I did not get apple at all, I can't rate it too high as it does not live up to it's name and therefore let many down if they want apple taste. So I am giving it a two star, but really it's a nice smoke and people ought to give it a try if they are burley smokers.

This was another 2005 Kansas City Pipe Show freebie. A very delicate blend in which the apple taste was so subtle that I missed it. I sure could taste the burley and was reminded of Prince Albert, although this one was more "heavy on the sweet stuff, whatever it was.