Flue-cured tobacco meticulously cultivated from the fertile fields of Zimbabwe, Malawi, are delicately blended with sweet processed Black Cavendish and mild Burley tobaccos to produce this singularly superlative blend.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
FlavoringCream, Peach
PipesAndCigars.com
Strength
Taste
2.6
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Virginia is lightly grassy with some citrus. The burleys are nutty, and earthy with a little molasses. The unsweetened black cavendish provides some smoothness in the background. The tobaccos are sublimated by the rich peach and creme toppings. The creme works to keep the peach toned to a mild to medium level, so it’s not overwhelming as some peach blends can be. Has a mild nic-hit. May need a slight dry time, though I didn’t do that. Burns at a moderate pace, and requires only a few relights. The flavor is cool, clean, very smooth and creamy from start to finish. Only in the last quarter of the bowl does it weaken, and only in a minor way. Has no dull or harsh spots, and won’t bite. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, but no goop. Has a nice after taste. An easy going all day smoke where the fruit doesn’t wear you out.

MyPipeAndBook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MyPipeAndBook (9)

In my search for a peach blend, this is the one above all others that I have tried. You can actually Taste....Yes...I said TASTE the peach! Not only does it smell great in the pouch but the flavor is right there on this one. It's a bit wet at first, but an hour on the drying table and she smokes very well with few relights. This one gets a thumbs up from me!

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Peter Stokkebye - Peaches & Cream (No.303).

I'm quite 'faddy' with food and peach fits the bill this week, I can't get enough! So, to go hand in hand, I dug this out of my cellar!

It's a fairly coarse ribbon, appearing heaviest with Black Cavendish. The moisture's a touch high, so mine had a short airing prior to smoking, and the pouch smells potently aromatic.

It may be because of my peach fad at the mo', but I love the flavour! The peach leads, but the smoke's rounded by the cream. What formerly deterred me from peachy aro's was the sharpness, and over-false taste, that I found from it as a casing. But this blend doesn't have those traits: the peach tastes vibrant, refreshing, and honest, without being bitter, or acidulated. The cream, as I said, rounds the flavour, becoming more flavoursome after a third; until then the peach dominates the smoke a little more. The topping, although not harsh, is formidable enough to mask a lot of the tobacco flavours. The burn meets my expectations of a good blend, and it hasn't got a bite in it.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: lovely.

The best peach aromatic I've had:

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson System #314

Age When Smoked: One month

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It reminds me of the fountain peach drink you could get at donut shops about 20 years ago. You knew back then you were drinking something that tasted like peaches, but you knew it wasn't peach at all and I guess one could care less because it was cheap and refreshing. I treat this the same, you know your inhaling a scientists rendering of peach, but heck it tastes pretty good and smells even better but who cares? It's a bit overpowering for me, I could smell it in the box before I bent down to pick it up off the porch after the postman dropped off my order. It's a bit much for me to smoke on its own, and quite frankly it overpowers any mixture I blend to incorporate it into. It will ghost a briar and render a new filter gurgly and black after each session. The room note is divine, and I certainly received enough compliments on the aroma from passersby, but alas I don't smoke a pipe for those reasons alone.

guitar2mw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitar2mw (92)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I love peaches, and with Spring time being upon us, I was craving something to satiate my craving for the fuzzy little things. This blend nails it. I wasn't expecting much from a bulk, but then again, it IS a Stokkebye blend. It arrived a little too moist for my liking (I prefer drier tobacco anyway), so I let it sit out for 3 or 4 hours (about an hour per ounce). I packed my first bowl in a cob, and I was blown away by the flavor! You can taste the peach very prominently, but you can also taste the tobacco. It remains consistent throughout the bowl, and I could smoke this all day long without getting tired. I keep a pouch on me at all times now, and I'll be ordering more. No bite, burns cool, doesn't gunk up a pipe, and tastes amazing. If you don't like peaches and tobacco (who doesn't?), then move along!

Pipe Used: Cobs, various briars

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars

BigCasino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigCasino (27)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This isn't too bad, the fact the stokkabye uses quality tobacco shines through most of their blends and this one is no different, the flavor of peaches is mild enough to not over power the Virginias, not overly wet, I smoke it the way it comes without drying

Pipe Used: Nording Rshodesian, Barling Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: unknown

Purchased From: Alegheny Smoke Works

PhantomWolf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhantomWolf (38)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Let me tell you a little story. There once was a PhantomWolf who constantly grumbled about aromatic tobacco blends and how the toppings and casings came across as burning plastic to him. One day during a bout of PhantomWolf's TAD, he added two Oz of Peter Stokkebye- Peaches & Cream to his already bulging cart and checked out. Less than a week later, the hero of our tail ordered another half pound of said tobacco.

This is a staple in my current rotation and has been for the last 6-7 months. Maybe the only constant aromatic at that. The sweet hay, grass, and sunlight of the Virginias work so well with the rich, sublime peach topping which is never over-sugary. The Cavendish adds a smoothness that turns the smoke into a mouthful of peach milkshake. I am only now getting to appreciate Burley and I think this is an excellent example of tobacco playing a role in a blend. As it burns and the peach topping pulls back a bit, the burley comes through in a toasty, nutty, earthy way almost tricking my mind into thinking of a thick, brown pie-crust wrapped around all that peachyness.

Smokes well, but can be damp and may need some relighting.

No bite whatsoever and could be an all day smoke, though I like to smoke it as a desert. I don't want the flavour to get old or overly familiar.

I also smoke this when I have company and it gets rave reviews. I actually visited a friend who is ardently anti-smoking and was encouraged to smoke this blend in her home- It's that wonderful

This is an easy 3 stars for me. If you told me there was a better peach aro out there, I wouldn't believe you. Recommended to anyone who loves peaches.

Also, for fun give this a shot: I had a healthy pinch of Black House in my tobacco wallet that wasn't enough to last the night out of the house, so rather than opening another tin to add to it or tossing it, I mixed it at about 50/50 with the Stokkebye- Peaches & Cream. The Latakia and Oriental combined with that smooth, diminished peach.. It was very unique and actually worked quite well. Like a peach-glazed jerky. I have also tried it with just a pinch of Perique which was also very nice. Then again, I love mixing sweet and savoury elements in cooking as well.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: Fresh from Bulk

Purchased From: SmokingPipes.com

kingjj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kingjj (10)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Peter Stokkebye was on my radar from rolling my own cigarettes, as all of their cigarette blends are wonderful, pricey, but wonderful. I had wanted to try their pipe blends, and a discount on some of them at a local tobacco store gave me perfect incentive.

Of the blends discounted, I almost went with the champagne, as I thought it smelled to best in the jar. But then I remembered some less than glowing reviews on sites such as this, and ended up going with the peach even though the smell was a little strong.

I tend to be a little wary on aromatics as my experience has run to the non- offensive (Captain Black) to the downright foul (some value brand that tasted like cleaning products). But I'm happy to report that thus far Stokkebye is the best aromatic I've puffed upon. The peach, while strong smelling in the jar, is pleasantly subdued in the taste department. The whole smoke itself is incredibly smooth while having a pretty deep richness and absolutely no bite.

If I have one caveat, it's that the blend is a little low in the vitamin N department, but isn't as completely void as say Captain Black, but a little more kick would have gone a long way.

So my love of Stokkebye extends to the world of pipe tobacco and delivers an aromatic that I actually like. And even without the discount their pipe tobaccos are much more inexpensive than their cigarette, so I'll actually be able to afford trying some other blends in the future.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 9

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 53

Rated Percentage = 88%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, has a strong Fruity Flavor from Start to Finish, slight After Taste

Darth Vader Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Darth Vader (110)
Medium Very Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

For me this was like inhaling my own bile. The most revolting stuff ever. Each to their own i guess. I like other PS baccy.

CivilWar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CivilWar (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It has a very nice peach flavor, great for a mid summer's night smoke. Beautiful peach fragrance and taste, excellent room note. If you want a nice smoking peach fruit tobacco this is worth a try.

Pipe Used: briar

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: S&P

Mhulsey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mhulsey (35)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

If you are in the mood for peaches and cream, then you are definitely going to get it with this blend. Unfortunately for me, this blend was just too over the top for me, as the casing is just a bit too much. The tobacco seemed to be gloopy to me, and left a slight ghosting inside of the pipe, which took quite a bit of cleaning to get it to smell like anything other than peaches. This is not a bad blend if you like sweet aromatics, however it was just a bit too sweet for me.

Pipe Used: Italian Briar

Age When Smoked: fresh from package

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

riobrew Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
riobrew (27)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Smells great! But that it. No aromatics comes in the smoke. Still a good tobacco. Just not very aromatic. Just bought one oz and that's enough.

Pipe Used: Stanwell bent bulldog

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (166)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this thinking it would be a great summer blend. The tobacco smells wonderful but that peach smell does not transfer well to the palate when smoking. In fact, as the bowl burns down it really just becomes tasteless.

The good Rev. Rizzo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The good Rev. Rizzo (36)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I purchased two ounces of this over the summer. It's taken me three months to get through two ounces. I feel this is a special craving kind of tobacco. I'm not always wanting a super sweet taste.

Pouch note is very nice. A really smooth creamy peach aroma. My sample was a bit wetter than my liking so each bowl I dried quite a bit. Once dry it packs nicely. Stays very springy without the usual aromatic clumps. Lit nicely for a charing light. Produced alot of thick smoke which was very pleasant. Tamp to a fine white ash. Admittedly I leave too much ash in the bowl for a carbueration effect. So I had frequent relights. This had a very smooth and consistent peach flavor. Truly wonderful on a late summer afternoon. The flavor was somewhat one dimensional. But since it was just plain good I didn't mind. According to the peanut gallery the room note was very enjoyable. I'll be adding more of this to my canister collection for next summer. Perfect companion for a glass of ice tea.

If you like aromatics, I say try some. If you don't, why did you bother reading about this selection?

Rev

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

A little bit goopy, but drying it out for 30 minutes or so takes care of that little issue. The wife likes the room note, and so do I! This is the best peach blend I have found so far (although I have just recently been toying around with aromatic blends).

Govern Yourself Accordingly!

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (81)
Mild Extra Strong Mild Tolerable

Extremely chemical flavor and nothing else. Might make a better ice cream topping. I bought 2 Oz. and couldn't finish it. I only smoke aromatics occasionally as a change of pace but I'd still want to have a somewhat enjoyable experience when smoking an aromatic. In short, this was nasty.

This might be a blend for an 18 year old who smokes a hookah and wants to flirt with the pipe.