Light and sweet Virginia and Maryland tobaccos, topped with creme caramel flavor.

BrandPort Williams
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
ContentsMaryland, Virginia
FlavoringCaramel, Cream
Strength
Taste
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I sure wish Port W. was still being made because I loved this one when it first came out over 15 years ago and have not smoked it since. I only purchased one tin and it was scrumptious! I am a sucker for caramel casing in quality leaf and Port Williams had really quality Virginia in it (typical of K&K tobaccos), and the Burley, with its caramel topping, blended in beautifully for a light and unobtrusive enhancement.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (117)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

PW Blue is close to Cool mixture by Davidoff and it is even much closer to Marbella by De La Concha. Now if you took one of these blends and added a touch of Granger you have PW Blue. The Burley flavor comes through nicely not to aroamtic just right. A cool Fragrant blend. Is better drier then fresh out of tin. This blend has a bit of zing to it. A good middle of the road tobacco between Aroamtic and Natural.

designwise1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
designwise1 (5)

I usually smoke latakia blends but have been branching out lately into Virginias and even aromatics which I have avoided due to some cheap cherry blend when I first started. I bought this on impulse as my first aromatic because it was on sale (3.5 oz for $8). Looks like they won't be importing it to the US anymore. It's a Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. blend (Germany). On the charring light I smelled something like Eau de Wet Dog. It lit perfectly and needed no relights. It smoked dry. When lit it tasted of raisins, dates and prunes. Not overpowering but a little sweet. It was pretty nice and I think it should have been targeted to Dr. Pepper drinkers. Not heavily cased - mild fragrant 'dried fruit' taste that's perfect for winding down at the end of the day. Buy some soon before it's all gone.

* Edit: Those who like Peterson's Sweet Killarney will also like this one. If you can find this -- I still recommend it.