This is the fourth mixture in Uncle Bob's world famous Fabric of Tobacco Series! Red and Golden Virginias are blended with nutty Orientals. Then a liberal amount of Perique is added to create a smooth, sweeter mixture with a wonderful aroma!

BrandJust For Him
Blended ByBob Schafer
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Perique
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)

A unique VA/PER blend by former tobacconist Bob Schafer. Not much to say about this tobacco.A good smoke but doesn't stand out.Tastes good, burns clean and is worth buying if this sort of tobacco is your thing.

luvinthepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
luvinthepipe (18)

Yuck. This does not taste like a VA nor a VA/Per, nor can I taste the oriental. I get a strange taste that reminds me of new car smell. This is an aromatic but I was not prepared for that. This tastes like cased Cavendish to me with perique mixed in and it did not sit well with me. I have 4 oz of this stuff and started blending it with some good VA, and some Latakia to take away that new car smell...its a little better but since I have many other tobaccos I prefer, I am not sure i will ever smoke this

d'Pappy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
d'Pappy (4)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Tried a bowl of this in a little Missouri Meerschaum hardwood pipe w/filter and must say it was a treat. Can't wait to load up my MacQueen 'Wizard' and give it a go. This is my first experience smoking perique and will need more smoking time to figure out whether or not I'm a fan. Overall, though, IMHO this brand/blend is very smooth. Glad I bought a 4oz test supply. ; )

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

This one tripped my trigger. Nice presentation of varying leaff. The sweetness of the Orientals was offset by the tartness of the Perique and I detected some strength and additional flavor provided by the Virginia.

I think this one is a real keeper and Perique fans who manage a bag or two will scarf it down fast. My only wish is that there was a little more strength and a little less Perique in Golden Cashmere. I topped the last few bowls with some strong Burley and got the desired results for the first half bowl. When you hit bottom, the Perique will really come on strong.

Tallman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tallman (35)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

After finding Just for Him in an online search, I stopped in to visit on my next trip to Springfield. Bought a pipe and some tinned tobacco. My next trip was last Friday, May 29, 2009..when I bought several of their house blends. This one was recommended highly by the staff there, and I had it on my list from reading the reviews on this site. Not sure I can add much to what has been said...but WOW is this good! Cool, dry smoke, easy to light and keep lit. Wonderful room note, and I love what the perique does for it. I am going to order some right now, as Terry said there is one component they are unable to get anymore...and I don't want to be without some of this. Thanks to Just for Him for a great blend.

maboman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maboman (11)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

My first Perique blend ever. I am now almost done with the 2 oz bag I ordered and I must say this is a great Tobacco. I know it might not be a true Va/ Per because it has some orientals in it, but this is a damn fine tasty sweetish blend.

I'll be ordering more soon

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Medium Extremely Mild Very Full Pleasant

I'm a big fan of Perique blends and this is one of the better ones. Some have a peppery taste, this one has a bit of that, but has a sweet note that I really like. This could be coming from the Virginias. The tobacco has a very attractive appearance, reddish flakes are intermingled with brown and dark ones. It has a really nice pouch aroma, too. Just For Him deserves some credit for the great prices they have on their blends. If you ever call their store and talk to Bob Schafer (a.k.a. "Uncle Bob")you'll find out he's a great guy, too.

Update, Oct. 2007: Bob Schafer is no longer at Just For Him, but they still have this great tobacco, along with many others. One thing I forgot to mention in my original review is that my wife absolutely loves the room note of this tobacco. In fact it may be her favorite of the dozens of blends I smoke. Nothing else has changed, it's still a four star blend.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

It's shame that Bob Schafer will at some point be reading this, but what the hell. I'll find some other means of deflating his ego.

For you Va/Per lovers out there, this one is a keeper. Naturally sweet from the viginias while having just enough perique to take the bite out. This is truly a masterful blend and should come in a tin. However, lucky for you it comes in bulk and is reasonably priced. It burns cool and slow. I highly recommend giving this blend a try. You won't be sorry. It is available in smaller quantities than the 1 lb. offering on the Just For Him website. Just give them a call and they'll bend over backwards to please you.