A fine English blend of Virginias, Mahalla, Dubac and mountain

2.0
Warwick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Warwick (20)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Strong

Update 6/4/05: There is a notable improvement after a few more months in the jar. There is a melded chacter to it now where all the components interact nicely. This is closer to the flavor when it first arrived, yet smoother and rounder. I am not sure if I'll buy more of this, but I will enjoy the rest of what I have if it stays in this character.

P.S. - Re: room note: It is strong, but I hadn't thought it overpowering; however, this is the only tobacco which causes my cats to run away from me. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well, its a great name for a tobacco, I'll say that about it.

This is a fine ribbon-cut, maybe a shag-cut, blend of tan, red and black. The "tin" (I believe it only comes in bulk) aroma is definitely of latakia with the orientals in the background.

As a disclaimer, I am not a huge fan of latakia blends, so I may be somewhat biased. But I consider this to be a fairly harsh blend which I have difficulty finding good qualities in. It lights easily, smokes steadily, but the flavor simply doesn't attract me.

There is no smooth refinement like McC British Woods, no strong yet coherent personality like Dunhill Nightcap, no latakia-fest like Raven's Wing. Instead, it seems to muddle through with unsettled contributions from mediocre components.

After 1/2 year of aging, I fear that this has gone downhill and become less desireable, not more, and the room note seems more foul.