To celebrate the 11th anniversary of Jack's Tobacco, we wanted to create a suitable sequel to our popular Tenth Anniversary blend to commemorate
another milestone for the shop. We wanted to create a blend to satisfy the tastes of a broad spectrum of smokers who enjoy elegant and high quality tobaccos. We also wanted it even more smooth than our first anniversary blend, and wanted it to be a blend with both body and character. Finally, we wanted the components to
be well-balanced to complement not only the base tobaccos, but also the other component tobaccos. I think we exceeded our objectives with this blend. In addition to even more smoothness, it is a cool, dry smoke in which no one tobacco
misbehaves and none of the components over-extend their welcome. Consists of medium and moderately matured Virginia tobaccos for natural sweetness, Latakia and Turkish tobaccos for pungency, and Perique to keep the peace throughout the
bowl.

BrandJack's Tobacco
Blended ByJoe Harb
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
3.2
emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)

Perhaps I was trying too many other things in the shop & overseasoned my tongue. This is a fine tobacco, but not worthy of all the rave reviews it has received. Or maybe I overexpected from all the description about it. The 14th Anniversary blend known as Bayou Dog has not yet been released. I was privileged to have tried some. A much better anniversary tobacco blended by C & D under Jack's supervision. When BD comes out, try it. Much better than 11A.

Two of five stars

Jack's Tobacco in Brookfield, Wisconsin is not the first place I would have looked for a quality house blend. Talk about a diamond in the rough! I was recently gifted about a dozen of their house blends and am slowly starting to work my way through them.

11th Anniversary was my random first choice. I struck gold! It is a mostly mild yet solidly flavorful English blend that I believe will satisfy Virginia, Latakia, Turkish and Perique lovers everywhere.

It is a nice ribbon cut with an almost perfect moisture content (I did dry mine a whisker before loading up and lighting.) The strength is subdued and so is the flavor. Can be smoked all day with no palate overload. The tasty is slightly salty and bittersweet. The Perique presence is there, but until you hit the bottom of the bowl, it is way off in the background.

Simply put, delightful!

DUPE.629 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

December 2005. 11th Anniversary,is 'absolutely delicious' and I totally concur, with every word that Captain Dan has written in the previous review. "Highly recommended"

The Keeper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Keeper (112)
Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

As the good Captain above noted this is a very mellow, well rounded English blend. At times through out the smoke I feel it is one of the best English blends I've tasted if you like the less "tangy" oriental style, other moments leave me underwhelmed. However as noted this blend is not meant to be an introspective journey into the foggy, mythic past of Imperial glory and near eastern pleasure. It is meant to be a tasty smoke. It is very much the "meaty barbecue smoke" and cigar like turkish and burley. There is a slight bitterness toward the end of the bowl, along with the perique, but this isn't bad. It is bitter in an herbal kind of way as are many burley tobaccos.

All in all a fine smoke - something I may return to for more exploration in the future.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)

11th Anniversary by Jack?s Tobacco. In a word: Delicious. Scrumptious. Mouth-watering. OK, so it?s more than one word. We?ll call it multiple choice. I choose ?D ? All of the above? as my answer. 11th isn?t complex likke some blends that you have to concentrate on in order to really enjoy them. According to the man who blended it, it isn?t supposed to be. The goal was to have all the flavors meld into one delightful taste that stays with you for the duration. The goal was achieved.

The balance in 11th is superb. Instead of the different tobaccos competing for attention, they blend together and create a wonderful taste that gains a bit of strength as it goes, but stays quite predictable. I have noticed a Perique flourish at the end with most of the bowls I have smoked.

This isn't to say that 11th is monochromatic - it isn't. There is interplay with the various flavors, but it is smooth and very subtle. If you're smoking it while engrossed in a book or something, you may not even notice it. And if you don't notice it, no big deal. It's wonderful just taken as it is.