A Beautiful and magnificent composition of broadly cut Black Cavendish, topped with bourbon vanilla. Blended with rubbed out flake, which has been flavored slightly with honey and orange, completed with brightest and highest class Virginia. A wonderful and pleasant aroma of raspberry crowns this mixture.

BrandPeterson
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp & Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia

Black cavendish. Vanill....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bluebottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bluebottle (18)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

A very pleasing tobacco all round. Appearance in the package inside its special tin is just beautiful and gives off an aroma like an expensive hand-blended fruit tea.

My tin was a touch damp which had the obvious side effect on the packing and lighting. However perseverance is well worth it as the flavour is clean, clear and simply delicious.

The room note is very pleasant as I've indicated. I wonder how this would age? It can burn hot so a bit of fermenting in its tin may help iron out that problem...

I gave this 9/10 in my personal notes, if I could guarantee my cash-flow and its availability I'd smoke this every weekend!

ZionThePissed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ZionThePissed (9)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Plain great stuff. Fantastic. The only reason I put "on occasion" is that this is a blend to be treasured.

smokeasaurus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeasaurus (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

peterson's best blend. highly reccommend this one. very delicious.

DeltaSnake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DeltaSnake (31)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I picked up a tin out of curiousity, and to find a good tobacco I could smoke at home that had a good room note (my lady doesn't like my taste for perique and latakia). Due to the cut of the tobacco, which is relatively large, this blend will smoke differently at times in a small bowl pipe. Sometimes the lighter tobaccos will dominate for a bit, then the flavor will change. This happened a lot less when I used a pipe with a bigger bowl. The first few minutes of the smoke were very pleasant, with a pronounced sweetness that may not be to all tastes, but certainly was as advertised on the tin. Then it'll began to burn hot for a bit, so I had to slow it down, and from about the middle of the pipe on down, the burning qualities were as good as any I've experienced. I imagine the large amount of light tobaccos and slice, which in my experience would burn hot, was deemed OK if used with a Peterson system pipe, with the payoff being the extra sweetness with a lot less casing than usual for such a sweet smoke. The tobacco taste was minimal, for whatever it's makeup, it's essentially an aromatic, and so those who prefer English blends will find this too thin and lacking fullness. The quality is apparent right down to the dottle and this could be the perfect blend for the right smoker. I did find, however, that it smoked terribly in my meershaum which I reserve for latakia/perique blends. It created a very unpleasant taste. If you smoke cavendishes, this is worth a try, the fruity aroma, particularly of rasberry, is interesting and unique. The price might make it a luxury buy, however. I found it too sweet and light, and so far, found a happy medium by adding an ounce of latakia and reserving a long stem Bing Crosby pipe for smoking it. After a couple of weeks of aging, I found the flavors mated well with latakia, and will find it a fine experience to finish the tin. I probably wouldn't buy another one, but those who like a tobacco that is this sweet and aromatic, yet burns so well might find it perfect.

miles o'toole Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
miles o'toole (7)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Smoked a few bowls of of this blend as a friend had picked up a tin recently online. What can I say, smells and tastes great. Burns very well and clean. A nice satisfying smoke feel in the mouth. Tastes slightly sweet, but still of tobacco. Will definitely leave its mark in the bowl after you smoke it. Used a nice old Parker billiard which still has the lingering aroma of this blend in the bowl. Not a bad thing, but just a warning. Overall, a really nice smoke.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

This tobacco is just too sweet for my taste, but to say it isn't good would be an injustice. It's just not something I would smoke often.

The combination of flavorings will be a big hit with some, but for those looking for more of a tobacco taste it will be disappointing.