A blend of Burley, Virginia Bright and Black Cavendish tobaccos with licorice and sweet Birch flavorings added for a medium full-bodied mid-western taste.

BrandTewksbury & Company
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
OlFacty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OlFacty (11)

First off Tewksbury & Company is one of the finest stores I have been in. Where else can you go to buy the finest pipe tobacco and cigars, and at the same time have a full selection of Colorado wines and fly fishing supplies? This is the store for the finer things in life!!!

I purchased this blend as it was the pipe blend of the month, sampling it in the store it proved to be a vary enjoyable blend, but I chose to wait to comment until I could sit down and really enjoy a bowl, in a pipe that had not recently seen the fruity aromatics (Lately Blue Note).

Moisture content was just right out of the store, and the aroma was full of wood tones, carrying a slight sweetness similar to that of anise.

Packing was very nice (besides the single stem that I came across). The tobacco held a light nicely and smoked straight through the bowl leaving a mid-gray ash.

Emerging flavors were woody and leathery with a slight sweetness, similar to the bag aroma. The tobacco did seem to burn a little hot but cooled right off as I became less concerned with keeping fire in the bowl.

So far I have not received any comments on the room note but from what I noticed the aroma was sweet. I will follow up as I get comments from others.

I would recommend this to all and I think this will become one of my stocked blends!

P.S. When you make a trip to Denver stop in and see Dave and his wonderful shop. Oh yeah, I do not work for this company, but am just so impressed that I had to give them the plug. ~ http://www.tewksburycompany.com ~