A mix of Red Virginia, and a hint of mild Burley.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Extremely Mild, Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium

Luxury is one of the Orlik tobaccos that was made for local (Denmark) consumption only and was never (at least to my knowledge) imported. It had to be obtained off of one of the Danish website. In my case, I have a friend in Denmark who used to swap tobaccos with me all the time and sent me a bunch of the Orlik blends not available to the USA. Luxury blend is one of those I really enjoyed trying and did find it similar to Golden Sliced, yet I actually liked Luxury better as the Burley was a strength booster and it also had that "Mac Baren" cask flavor I like on occasion.

Pipestud

Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)

Normally I agree on Eulenburg's reviews and I love to read them - they are a hoot.

But in this case I very much disagree on the above statements. Initially, Luxury is quite close to Golden Sliced in appearance, smell and taste.

But after a closer encounter Luxury is a tad darker, due to the small amount of Burley added (which is not used in Golden Sliced), and this gives it a more nutty and tobaccoish flavour. The citrus-topping used in Golden Sliced is present but much more sparingly used. There is also a honeylike topping added, and I'll bet my fur that it is the same as in Orlik's Rubbed Out Honeydew. This combo is a success if you ask me.

But still: more tobacco taste, less topping, smoother on the palate, same burn qualities, and last but not least - more nicotine.

Love it!

Jakob kiilerich, Denmark.

Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)

More luxury for Danish accountants. Bland and bourgeois.