A smooth and exquisite blend of golden and orange Virginias, sweetish black cavendish, fragrant burley and a fabulous aroma of honey and the all time favorite vanilla flavor.

BrandPeterson
Taste

2.7
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Peterson - Luxury Blend.

In the tin you have a good selection of tobaccos right from jet Black Cavendish up to lighter Burley and Virginia, with a pleasing honey-sweetness to the aroma.

It lights easy and gives a wonderful flavour. The tobaccos are quite well balanced, without either being too prominent. The honey comes across well, it's not just 'any old sweetness', but a delicately aromatic honey one. The vanilla gives flavour without being too sticky. A bowl burns reliably and cool.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: brilliant.

A great aromatic. Four stars:

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

Gtownviking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gtownviking (2)
Very Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

The first thing one notices is the aroma from the tin. It is wonderfully delightful. It packed well and lit easy. The second thing is the room note. According to the gentlemen sitting next to me smoking cigars, it is very pleasant. It is not offensive at all. As for the taste, the sweetness of the Cavendish is present but not overpowering. It is however not for beginners. The tongue bite on this one is strong if one is not too careful. It requires a slow draw and infrequent puffs, making you take your time and enjoy it. I can taste a hint of the orange and the vanilla of course and the honey as well, which is the flavor one is left with at the end of the puff. At least for me. It is slightly creamy (vanilla, I presume) and with the citrus flavor, it lends itself to being more of a summer smoke I would think.

Pipe Used: Pete #999

Age When Smoked: About 6 months

Purchased From: Heroes and Legacies (B&M)

Jevverrett Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jevverrett (83)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

I bought a tin of this on my 31st birthday while I was taking my son to the park. I wanted something sweet. I don't really like aromatic blends anymore, but this one surprised me. I also bought a cob in the drug store across the street bc I'm always wary of putting aromatics in my pipes meant for other things. They can be goopy, ruin a pipe until it's cleaned thoroughly. Even then maybe not.

The tin presentation is kinda on the light side. More golden colors than browns. The tin aroma is very pleasant, light tobacco scent with a light whiff of honey and a bit stronger smell of vanilla. It was a little moist, so I dried I for a few mins before packing. It took three chars to get an ash layer on top, but it lit well after that.

It took about half the bowl to get things really going the first time. The flavor intensifies after that a bit. It's still not very strong, but it is very tasty. Well done aromatic in my opinion. Not goopy, not too sweet. It has a great vanilla taste, and the honey is a bit more of a background note to me. Pretty mild flavor even towards the end of the bowl. The topping hangs on almost all way as well.

I would recommend this one to most smokers, as it can work well in mixed company, and you may even be able to smoke this inside without getting your balls broken by the old lady. Also, it goes ok with bourbon. At least knob creek from my experience. I think its pretty tasty, and it probably won't ruin a pipe on you. I would still suggest a cob dedicated to it however. It may be a bit mild, and not very strong, but it's better than smoking in exile during social events. I kept the tin around for some time and broke it out for parties and such. I may get more some day, but for now my social circle seems to have adjusted a bit more to my pipes' prescience.

Pipe Used: MM legend

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

Purchased From: Wallingford tobacco, Wallingford ct

twaksak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
twaksak (54)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

When I read the tin, I immediately thought I would love this....a blend of three different Virginias, Burley and Cavendish with a hint of orange, honey and vanilla. Well, I couldn't find any honey; not in the tin or in the smoke or on the palate, but surely orange and vanilla. I didn't get the bite as some warned. The room note was pleasant! Funny, my son smelled "rooibos", a South African grown tea. The vanilla was more noticeable in the room note while the orange was more on the palate. Overall a pleasant smoke.

A few weeks later, and I can say...the honey was there. Very nice balance between the nuttiness of the Burley, some sweetness from the Virginia to counter the Burley and the touch of honey, orange & Vanilla. Honeybush!

YouTube Video

Pipe Used: George Jensen

Age When Smoked: Immediate

Purchased From: Ye Olde Tobacco Shop

Pipe1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe1000 (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A wonderful blend with a subtle, but defiantly noticeable, sweet taste of honey and Vanilla (although less vanilla). The only time I get an astringent taste (I think some may refer to it orange) is if it's smoked repeatable and often, taking too big of a draw and not letting the pipe rest between puffs. For me to get the full taste of the honey casing is by clenching on the pipe in the teeth and ever so gently, slowly and calmly puffing and letting the smoke almost float out of my mouth. Otherwise I get what others have described as orange / citrus (as I mentioned, for me a bitter astringent taste)

Once you've got the hang of it, you will be rewarded with a full flavoured quality aromatic.

Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

While similar in nature to Sweet Kilarney and Sunset Breeze, Peterson's Luxury Blend was a little less sweet and had more of a tobacco taste than those two aromatics. Still too cased for this cowboy, though.

I liked the thicker, shorter cut which made packing easy, but the sweetness was certainly hemmed in by the cavendish and exploded at the match. This one also smokes a bit wet, so a slow burn might help prevent your pipe getting a bad case of the gurgles.

Luxury Blend sure smells good both in the tin and at the match.

MoonDocker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MoonDocker (1)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I enjoy this tobacco a lot. It has a mild aromatic flavour not overpowering and my wife appreciated the pleasant room note. It was a comfort to smoke and not overwhelming. The flavour changes as you smoke to the bottom of the bowl from a little taste of citrus to vanilla. I noticed a little bit of moisture collecting towards the end of the smoke. Great morning smoke with coffee or tea. This is definitely a tobacco at the top of my list.

AlphaKiloZA Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AlphaKiloZA (1)

I am a very new pipe smoker (previously a non-smoker); and this is the 3rd Peterson aromatic that I've tried over the last month (the others being Connoisseur’s Choice and Sweet Killarney).

I got the Luxury Blend today based on reviews on this site. I wasn't very excited by the tin note initially, took some out and left to dry for about 20 minutes, before packing my pipe, charing the top and then lighting up... what a revelation!

I loved the mild taste and very pleasant aroma; and really enjoyed this bowl - in fact I wished it wouldn't end. This smoked very cool, though I had to re-light the bowl several times, especially towards the end.

This is by far my favourite blend so far.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Dry System

Age When Smoked: New out the tin

Purchased From: JJ Cale

This one tested my patience. Slow and easy and you get a decent smoke out of it. Pick up the pace any at all and it'll let you know real quick that you shouldn't be doing that. It can become a flame thrower. Smoked properly I get notes of citrus that seem to be natural notes from the Virginias rather than any added flavoring. The added flavorings of vanilla and honey come through clearly. It's very easy to push this one too far and for that I can only somewhat recommend this one. It's just too touchy.

Mild in body. Mild to medium in flavor. Needed a little drying time. If you have the patience of Job you may like this one.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Purchased From: cigarsinternational.com

atomicbuster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
atomicbuster (55)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

To me it tastes like hot air, with mayyyyyybe a wisp of something sweet which some might call vanilla. It packs and lights ok, medium tongue bite but nothing unmanageable. Truly, the word that describes this tobacco is mediocre. I don't feel compelled to buy this again.

Sasquatch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sasquatch (81)

I give this Peterson offering 4 stars not because I think it's the best tobacco the world has ever seen, but because for the style of tobacco, it is at the top of its class.

Tin is densely packed, smells like heaven. I can see the subtle topping being mistaken for something more run-of-the-mill like "just vanilla" but really, I think the blender's description is bang on - orange, honey, and just a little vanilla.

The tobacco is of excellent quality, like all Peterson offerings, with no hint of humectants. In the pipe, it starts quite sweet, and develops into a stronger more tobacco-oriented flavor at the bottom of the bowl. It smokes almost like a Lakeland at the bottom. The topping changes or fades out, but never disappears. A very light smoke with a nice full taste, not as spicy as Connoiseur's Choice, and not as heavily topped. Certainly not as heavily topped as most Danish aros, like Larsen, for instance.

I enjoy this stuff. Puff slow - it will heat up, like any virginia-based aromatic.

Greekpipesmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greekpipesmoker (152)
Mild to Medium Strong Full Very Pleasant

Indeed a luxury blend.when you open the tin the honey vanilla aroma is great and dominant.the cavendish are very present mixed with bright virginias and burley.the moisture is pretty high.don't dio the mistake to smoke it without drying,it's gonna make your pipe really hot!!after drying out fot al least one hour packs easy and lights from the first light.the flavours are very sweet and full due to honey and vanilla topping.you also get nuts and a little citruses but in the backround.if it's dried burns quickly and leaves only ash.the moist level while burningis a bit more and leaves proper moist at the end of the bowl.this full aromatic blend has a perfect room note and it is very pleasant to others.the nicotine level is low to medium so it is ideal to start your day.it is a nice blend to introduce your self into full aromatics.

Age When Smoked: After 1 hour drying

FDC L50 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FDC L50 (5)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Filled a bowl of this this evening for a change. I have been enjoying primarily English Latakia and vapers as of late so I thought a quality aromatic might be nice as a change of pace. I opened this tin about six months ago and really didn't give it much of a chance. It has been in a jar for 6 months and the moisture level is perfect. The tin note is very pleasant and it filled the pipe well and packed nicely. On first light I was surprised at the lack of any substance to the smoke. I drew more than the usual amount I would for the charring light since there didn't seem to be much happening with this blend? I tamped let it settle and fired her up again. Better. Just not much body. Finally settled into a rythm. This must be smoked s-l-o-w-l-y or it will just fight you. It has a nice vanilla flavor and you can pluck out the honey if you sip the smoke slowly. So yes you can enjoy this blend if you take your time and don't expect too much. I will try another bowl in a few weeks or months but I don't see myself replacing the tin when it is gone.

Pipe Used: Stanwell Royal Danish, Lorenzo spitfire

Age When Smoked: Fresh and aged 6months in jar

Purchased From: Local b&m

Similar Blends: Lane tk6.

GenericusernameYOB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GenericusernameYOB (6)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Tin note when new was definitely sweet, though subdued in both the vanilla and honey departments. After some storage time, the vanilla receded to almost undetectable levels, leaving only a slight honey.

I suppose when a blend remains in the line-up, but never gets picked, tells as much of the story as necessary. There wasn't anything that really grabbed me with this blend; in my opinion, if you're going to make an aromatic, generic sweetness isn't enough, it has to taste of something identifiable other than the tobacco.

I should say that in fairness, my sweet tooth has been tamed somewhat along the way, and I pick aromatics far less often than I did when I picked-up this tin. All else being equal, I still found myself making an excuse to favour another aromatic over Luxury Blend.

I think it was always found wanting, too little in terms of nicotine, sweetness and taste, and too much bite. This always had to be sipped excruciatingly slowly to keep my tongue from singeing. Very middle of the road for me.

Pipe Used: Peterson 314, Dr Plumb Billiard,

Age When Smoked: Fresh - 1 year

kaizoku Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kaizoku (12)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I usually dont smoke aromatics so i dont have much to go on. when you open the tin, the smell is really great and you might think that this aromatic might taste some of the flavours that the tin says, but nooo this blend is very bland and i couldent taste much of anything just a sweet,tangy tobacco that burns hot. it smells way better both in the tin and when smoked than what it tastes like.

its borderline between ok and bad, i will not buy another tin of this.

Pipe Used: Vauen 3214

Purchased From: Mellgrens fine tobacco

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (180)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

A nice entry in the Peterson line of aros. Smells nice from the tin and is a bit on the moist side. The components come together and it smokes well. Like a lot of the others in this line, this really does not jump out and say "smoke me." Probably will not come back to this one, but happy to give any blend a shot.

mnadz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mnadz (66)

As I review all aromatics - when I smoke an aromatic, I want to know I am smoking an aromatic. This just not have enough topping to make it worthy. Not much of a flavor to this one. Would not buy again.

UncleDoc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
UncleDoc (8)

Actually I'm a fan of Peterson and this blend has almost everything that I expect from a tobacco. Very smooth burning, little bite and no exaggerated aroma. I think you will love it as well as everybody around you.

Kev-La Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kev-La (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Now, this is a tobacco worth savouring. Despite my relative inexperience in the fields of pipe-smoking, I am quickly developing a taste for what I like, and at the moment what I like is Luxury Blend. A pretty combination of colours is presented upon opening the tin, and the smell is gorgeous: something akin to iced currant buns straight out of the oven. I've found that the small ribbons of Luxury Blend smoke directly from the tin, with no necessity for rubbing or drying. After a false light to toast the very top, and a gentle tamp, the second or third light remains the last without too much trouble. Due to its delicious nature, I find I smoke this tobacco relatively fast. Luckily, it is forgiving in the bite department. I can taste the oranges and honey, weaving their way above and below the vanilla, the latter seeming to enjoy more limelight than I would have assumed from the tin's description. I also find a hint of creamy caramel making a brief guest appearance somewhere in nearly every bowl. A very smooth and satisfying smoke, quite subtly flavoured but appealing nonetheless to those of us with at least one sweet tooth.

The Full English Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Full English (31)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Pleasant

This is the third Peterson I've sampled, and the second of their aromatics, after the Xmas 2009 Limited Edition.

A fresh tin comes pretty densely packed; ever so slightly moist, with a medium balance of aromas, albeit a standard looking mixture. I wouldn't normally go for an orange casing, or anything of a citrus nature in a tobacco, but it seems rather subtle, and married well with the top note, which is undoubtedly honey-sweet.

I'd echo the sentiments of others here by suggesting that this would be a great tobacco for caking a new briar in double-quick - and most likely - record time. The first two or three bowls were winners; lighting up easily and burning consistently and with a marvelous nose, leaving one hell of a residue on the pipe walls in the process! The smoke was lighter and more flavorsome through to the mid bowl, with the nutty Burley and lightness of the Virginias refusing to be overshadowed by the casing, which, in itself, was far from the sugary kind I half expected.

Strangely, the tin begins to dry rather rapidly (think hours, rather than weeks), and the vanilla manifests itself in place of the orange. Upon a subsequent smoke, no less than a day later, I could've sworn that this was a different tobacco. It was much flatter, almost leading me to surmise that Luxury Blend had been poorly top-dressed after the tin had been filled. Plough through the top layer over a couple of days of amiable piping and there's nothing left to get particularly excited about - a bit like a failed excavation at a Roman site. Indeed, the residual casing, or whatever was left after the orange oil had receded, seemed to make for an unnatural bitterness and a sharp aftertaste.

Not the worst I've ever tasted by a long chalk, and Luxury Blend is capable of delivering some fine smoking moments in bursts. However, I think It's moniker is certainly a misnomer, and I'm expecting much more from the Connoisseur's Choice that will follow suit.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

heavier version of de lux mixture,,and more clear to the taste buds in this blend u can really taste the diffrence between the V and B as well as the cavendish well rounded and decent tobaco for the aromatic lovers,,,i reach out for the tin from time to time to give my buds a decent sweet taste of vanilla nugat chocolate with out hurting my pipe or soring my tongue burn well and leave a clean pipe after ward,,have a constant tin in the cellar

Kerdy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kerdy (43)

First let me say that I find the tobacco to be of great quality. I must have gotten a weaker tin as a few seem to also have done because I didn't find a lot of any other flavor than tobacco. No orange, no vanilla. The aroma was nice. There was no goop left behind as it burned nice and clean all the way down. I didn't get any tongue bite, however, it seemed to burn very hot. Hotter than anything I have had in awhile. My pipe got so hot every time I smoked this, I had to stop and let it cool down before continuing on. I haven't had that happen since I first picked the pipe up. I think with a thick walled pipe, this would be a fine tobacco. As long as you weren't looking for anything special. Maybe soon I will try a different tin and it will be a different experience.

Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I am always in the search for an aromatic that doesn't taste like nasty chemicals and has good, quality leaf in it. This is one! I am usually a Balkan smoker, but I occasionally get a sweet-tooth and this blend left me pleasantly satiated! Upon opening the tin, you are greeted with the typical black and tan ribbon cut and a nice aroma of orange and vanilla. Packing is easy, moisture is just right for an aromatic. Lighting is a three vesta affair. Initial flavor is of the aromatics, but after the second or third light, the leaf comes in to support the casing. The orange is in the forefront of this blend, with the vanilla giving a nice background kick every once in a while. The leaf used is of good quality and the VA's in this give it a excellent backbone. The flavor of the leaf takes over at the last third of the bowl and you are left with a relatively dry smattering of mottled ash. Thankfully, this did not leave a nasty aftertaste in my mouth that some aromatics do. This blend didn't nip my tongue at all, so I will rec. to neophytes as well as to those who enjoy a quality aromatic from time to time. Rating: 4 out of 5 points. Enjoy...

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (55)

Just OK. Tin note is light not overpowering and the tobacco flavors come through. Moisture is fine and room note is OK too. This is just an OK aro. There are better offerings out there. Don't waste time with this one

Age When Smoked: 10 yrs

Dr.Jones Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.Jones (9)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

One of the first things you'll notice about Peterson's Luxury Blend is the nice aroma it has right out of the tin: sweet, with some hints of nuts, fruit, vanilla and some liquor. It looks nice too: a good ribbon cut, predominance of dark browns. The only downside is that it's quite moist.

It packs well and, if you let it dry for a few minutes, lights well also. The smoke is pleasant, in the taste there is no trace of the aromas you may have smelled in the tin, but rather a good tobacco taste, with the burley and cavendish taking the lead and the virginia in the background mellowing it down.

If you let it dry you shouldn't have any problem, but it you smoke it straight out of the tin it will probably burn a bit too hot and bite, and will also leave some sticky residue, making the last part of the bowl less enjoyable. So just remember to take the amount you need and let it dry for 15 o 20 minutes. It will provide a good smoke, with a taste of just plain tobacco and the room note (thanks to the added flavoring, no doubt) is very pleasant for those around.

Rdb3064 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rdb3064 (1)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

My first review ever. Let me start by stating, that the tin labeling does not state this as being an aromatic. So to say that I was surprised by the in your face tin note is an understatement. It has an unpleasant odor, reminded me a cheap smelling champagne. My first bowl was direct from tin, no drying time, big mistake. Needed several relight I could barely get a draw before off before going out, so just let it stand in the pipe for 10 minutes or so before attempting to go at it again. About halfway through it finally caught an I was able to put the lighter away. Once a steady burn took place, you can taste the honey. I found little to no bite, and flavoring was pleasant. As far as room note, I have no idea, I'm plagued with never being able to smell my own pipe and rely on bystanders comments. Since no one commented negatively or complimentary I'm guessing the room note is very light and not unpleasant. There was quite a bit of doddle and not very much white ash. Nic level left me unsatisfied. I find most Peterson tobaccos hit or miss and this was a miss. I highly recommend letting this dry before packing. I will dump this into a glass container and come back to it in a month or so and try it again and update my review. With all this being said, if you're on a budget spend your $12 bucks on different blend. I hope my first review of a tobacco was helpful and saves you from wasting your money.

Pipe Used: no named knock around pipe

Purchased From: Candida road convienance Manchester NH

Similar Blends: N/A.

Christrom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Christrom (34)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Very nice aromatic, reminds me of a traditional 'pipe' smell. Very tasty, but doesn't give you that feeling of drifting off into a trance as some great tobaccos do. I'm not an aromatic smoker but I would buy this for the occasional smoke. Great flavour of honey, orange and vanilla

Reagold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Reagold (25)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The smell from the tin is perfect.

During the smoke I can´t pick the added flavours one by one, but they are clearly there to enhance the tobacco flavor, and not to overlay it. So it´s not a honey or vanilla "flavour" tobacco to me, but a tobacco that uses other elements to improve the tobacco flavour.

Room note is very good and not offensive at all, and nicotine content is mild. Moisture for me was perfect straight from the tin. Lights easy and burns clean and clear from top to bottom.

This works great for smoking near other people or public places.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Mod 703 KS Saint Nichollas 2015

Wikguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wikguy (11)

The enjoyment of this blend depends largely on which pipe I used.

Through an unfiltered Dunhill Shell it tends to have a harsher taste with a tendency to bite.

Through a Peterson with a P-lip, not much flavour comes through. Flavour was mainly only noticeable when retrohaling.

I found it best smoked through a Keyser with full flavours coming to fore.

Honey is evident in both smell and taste and leaves a lovely room note.

About halfway through a bowl, it sometimes tend to turn acidic albeit slightly so.

In general, it's a good blend and I will always have some in my rotation. I think some aging will do this blend well

Pipe Used: Keyser, Dunhill Shell and Petersob 317 P-lip

Kamerling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kamerling (27)
Mild Very Mild Mild Tolerable

About 8 years ago I visited tobaccoshop in Avignon (France), but they had only Petersons. I tried the cheapest tin - Luxury Blend and then I realized why every tobacco from Peterson had the same price except this one. It was so dull, boring, actually without any taste.

Threw many years Luxury Blend was cheaper than other Petersons in all Europe. Nowadays, they sell it with the same price, but it's not worth of trying. Seriously, get some Sherlock Holmes instead.

TheMadPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheMadPiper (5)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is fairly nice actually. The only thing about it that I have a bone to pick with this blend is that it was bone dry when I got it. With the first smoke it was fairly hot actually, but it didn't seem to bite one bit. It was super enjoyable.

Tin note: VERY SWEET! You get a vanilla sweetness right off the bat, with some sort of subtle sugary notes with citrus following right afterwards.

The charring light went over quite well. No problems there. Right away with lighting the bowl the tobacco held the flame like you wouldn't believe it. Just superb! So the flavour profile on the draw leaves you with a sort of straight, tobacco taste for a good chunk of it. Yet right after that subsides, the aftertaste is a sort of the sweet-savoury take in a pipe. The tobacco and vanilla mix to create this unique, creamy flavour that I find to be absolutely amazing. But you can definitely smell the vanilla on your fingers after you're done with this.

I will definitely have to give this a 4/5. I think this'd get a higher rating if it was a little more moist out of the tin, but nothing that a bit of re-hydration can't fix. A great aromatic blend, that you definitely have to try.

UPDATE: I have been smoking this blend for some time and by GOD it is just so luxurious and nice. It is a very delectable blend, that tastes great no matter what. I've still been smoking it in the Capri and decided to dedicate the pipe. And oh my lordy lord, the flavour when the pipe is empty is just so delectable. I think I may just get another tin and cellar it. But I'll definitely want to shop around and see how the moisture is on other tins that I get.

Pipe Used: Capri Bulldog

Age When Smoked: Brand new

Purchased From: Local B&M (Sheffield & Sons)

canvas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canvas (136)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Purchased on my quest for the tastiest vanilla blend. Upon opening the tin I was met with a very syrupy vanilla. Almost as if vanilla baking extract was just poured over the leaves. So, it had the vanilla in spades (though maybe not the kind you want).

Not sure if it was my tin or what, but it was soaked with moisture. Upon packing a bowl I felt like I was fingering about in moist dirt. So it goes without saying, this one may take some time to dry out first. Of course I didn't wait to spark it up, and it burned easy despite the wetness.

The vanilla was alive in the background and it was quite mellow really, but nothing to write home about.

An easy smoke, but I'm still sticking with Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew as the best vanilla I've had so far.

Pipenick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipenick (27)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Smoking Luxury Blend while writing this.Bought a tin 5 months ago.Opened today and now smoking my 2nd bowl.The look of tobacco is just perfect,nice yellow Virginians and some Dark Cavendish....very skilfully cut and blended.the aroma in the fruity with hint of vanilla.It lights easy,no 2nd light.Burns cool and the aroma of vanilla is smooth and natural,after half a bowl the fruitiness comes in.Tap it often so you don't loose the aroma.Second best aromatic from Peterson after Hyde Park.I don't smoke aromatics now days often but this was nice mix...Try it.

Pipe Used: Peterson System and Cob

Age When Smoked: Straight from tin

Purchased From: Local tobacconist

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (137)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Luxury Blend is more VA forward with Black Cavendish and Burley added which keeps the VA tame. The VA's are sweet and the Black Cavendish also adds to the sweetness. This is a nice round and rich tobacco. However, it will bite and it does get hot in the bowl no matter how slowly I puff. Often I have to allow the pipe to sit for a few minutes to cool down. Slow puffing helps but it does not correct the issue.

I did not find the casing to be too much but honey is the central taste. The orange or citrus flavor is there more so than just what a good VA can provide but more in the background. The vanilla was not really noticeable to the taste but was present in the room note. This is not surprising really as vanilla will often be unnoticeable when added to VA/Bur blends.

This is an okay blend not one I will be looking to add to the rotation or cellar but a nice change of pace over the past couple of weeks.

H Gillman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
H Gillman (39)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I'm by no means an expert .....but I am a lover of pipes and pipe smoking. After opening the tin I enjoyed what was drifting into my face. Sweet, subtle and pleasant.

I enjoyed the coolness and flavour of the smoke and did not find or feel a bite. I found the room note pleasant and minutely sweet. I would smoke this again and would recommend this for anyone.

Pipe Used: Tim West freehand

Purchased From: Jade tobacconists Regina

Umlilo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Umlilo (5)

A bit more oomph than the De Luxe blend with the nicotine, tasted good and I liked the flavours - not as good as some at describing them but suffice to say not over powering or sickly but pleasant if not altogether that memorable. Smoked well through the bowl. Smoke was heavier than the De Luxe blend as well. I tried a sample and would come back for more. I'd say at the moment I'm searching for good flavours and depth of the flavour and I don't feel I found the depth of flavours here.

stevie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stevie (3)

luxury blend is nice aromatic can be a tad hot at times but its not as overpowering as sunset or conniseur this is my first tin of this tobacco dont think i will be in a hurry to buy another.

Pipe Used: peterson 302 rustic

Purchased From: leith pipe shop

o3Ho3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
o3Ho3 (28)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Very Strong

This is one of my favorite blend when I don't want to annoy the nonsmokers around. The room get filled with an aroma quite profound of V and B slightly. Taste is enjoyable but in time tend to burn your tongue a bit. Anyway, when your tongue start to feel the N, the Cavendish start to be predominant. So, try with confidence this blend, nothing can go wrong, but don't exaggerate vanilla and honey will provoke your stomach to riot....

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (102)

One of the best aromatics I've smoked. Perefect balance of light flavoring and smooth tobacco taste. Not a goopy, "candy" aro by any means. Great room note. I've been smoking this tin on and off for six month and it is great. I usually smoke english blends. Enjoy amigos!

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (33)
Mild Mild Full Very Pleasant

I have had Luxury Blend in my stock for the last 3-4 years. I bought this and it has sat sealed in my collection for some time. I have thought to try it many times, but due to the other bulk tobaccos in my stock I always set it aside. I finally decided to break the seal and give it a try and was I every amazed to what I have been missing! This is one of the best tasting tinned Peterson tobaccos I have tried in many years. The room note is great, the taste is 10 out of 10 and the smoking pleasure is top notch. If you have not tried this blend, please do yourself a favor and go out a get a tin. This is a great summer to fall smoke and is going to be in high rotation throughout the many fall nites and through the winter months! Have a great fall! MZMN 9-10-12

Withnail Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Withnail (16)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The combination of flavors in this blend work really well together. You don't get the taste or smell of any of the individual components, rather a well rounded combination. The flavors also do not over power the under laying taste of good quality tobaccos.

Once again, another enjoyable smoke from Peterson.

Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Maybe some vanilla, maybe maple/Carmel , maybe some berry, maybe some anise,I don't get the orangebut nice. I bought this a week ago and it seemed hot and steamy, now, after a week to breath, a very pleasant smoke. I'm not an aromatic kind of smoker, but this one I can get by with. I'm smoking this now and I seem to be getting some bitterness about half way through the bowl, NO wait, it's a chocolate. I might keep this one around. This would be great with a nice cup of coffee. No gurgle, no real bite, wife didn't complain, I can only hope it will age well since this is a once a month smoke.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

I've enjoyed other Peterson blends so I was anticipating this one. Maybe I got a bad tin but this was like drawing hot air through my pipe. I've noticed there are reviews of blends in which some of the critics claim the particular blend was overcased with sickeningly sweet goop and other reviewers say the same blend had no aromatic qualities at all. I wonder if the problem is one of quality control and consistency by the blending company.

According to the label, this blend was cased with orange, vanilla and honey. In an attempt to salvage this tin and get some flavor into it I've sprinkled a few drops of triple sec onto the paper liner and closed the tin tightly for a few days. We'll see how it works in a couple of days.

In the future I'll stick with Sweet Mystery, Peterson's Deluxe and the Stanwell stuff.

UPDATE: Well, the triple sec treatment didn't help at all. I finished the tin anyway but I'm not likely to get another.

M.Toney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
M.Toney (59)

The tin aroma is very similar to the applied flavoring. I recall this blend having a very enticing flavor that was more enjoyable than Sunset Breeze. It burned all right but was a little too harsh & bitey for me and the flavor vanished rather quickly.

This is not bad but I've sinced moved on up to non-cased or unflavored blends. I graduated toward blends with more tobacco strength and natural or feintly applied flavorings. I think Peterson, as a whole, produces some great blends. This wasn't bad but did not make my "top fifty."

Fubber Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fubber (14)

A bit of something and nothing for me. Not sure why I would smoke this in preference to a more pungent aromatic or a straight VA etc. It's fine, but nothing to shout about.

I like most of Petersons Blends but had not tried this one. It is very much an aromatic that does not have an off the top casing and lets the tobacco taste be the main player, not the added flavors. It has a fresh, sweet aroma in the tin, and it really dries fast. From too moist to almost too dry in just a couple of hours of setting out. It loads well in the pipe as it is of a rough cut ribbon in medium to dark brown mix, and it lights right up with the first light and stays lit all the way down. It burns down to a fine ash, very dark grey in color with no dottle or residue in the bottom of the pipe. Not a goopy aro at all. The flavor upon lighting is the VA components with a slight sweetness and room note. I did pick up the vanilla wafting in and out and a touch of the orange on first light but lost it for most of the bowl. It is a mild blend that is easy on the tongue, you have to want to make it bite. It has so little topping on it that really I was let down some. The natural tobaccos in it are not anything special, good but not great. Because of this, I can't give it high marks, but it would be a great blend for a beginner or one that wants to cross over from aros to natural tobaccos.

Susanna Hoffs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Susanna Hoffs (74)

Fine aromatic from Peterson.

I have already tried Connissours choice, De Luxe Mixture, Gold B lend (dissappointing), and the awfully chemically saturated Sunset Breeze.

Luxury Blend sits between Connissours and De Luxe. It's less fruity than the tropical extravaganza that Connissours choice is, but it does have a mild fruit overtone (maybe the alleged orange?!) mixed with vanilla/honey.

De Luxe is the blend without the fruitiness, with just the vanilla, honey, and mild walnut taste.

I may actually make this my go to aromatic when I want a break from FVF, 1792, VAP'ers...

Well done, good qaulity tobacco to boot as well..

paulwfromtheden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulwfromtheden (14)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a very mild tobacco. The aroma is very good, but it does tend to burn very quickly. Not the worst aromatic I have smoked, but not the best either. I would try others before I return to this, but for those who like mild aromatics, give it a try.

PipenGuitar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipenGuitar (15)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

Wonderful tobacco! I smoke aromatics half the time and matured Virginia's for the rest. I had a hard time finding an in between tobacco that's mild all around. This is it!! Pleasant tin aroma which translates well to the smoke.

final_id Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
final_id (35)

This is just your typical Cavendish with a little bit of vanilla in it. Almost so little casing that it hardly qualifies as a "cased tobacco," certainly not your typical "goopy aromatic." I didn't detect ANY of the orange or honey that the tin label claims is in there. It's a mild, light smoke, with a little bit of a risk of burning too hot (since it's rather a wet shag) so, what with all that Virginia in there, you might get a bit of tongue bite. Nothing like a major English Virginia-plus-Oriental bite, but some anyway. It's pleasurable to pack, and not TOO hard to light. Very much middle-of-the-road in nearly all respects. Not offensive, not spectacular. Could be an all-day-smoke if you like aromatics.