Characteristic mixture determined by spicy toasted US-Burley, rounded off with manually picked aromatic Old Belt and Rio Grande Virginias. Special extracts of spices guaranty natural tobacco taste. Variant cut.

BrandKarl Erik
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The Karl Erik blends came out a couple of decades ago and had a good following. The old Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris Magazines had one issue that had some "coming out" info on this one but I gave up on trying to find it after going through half a dozen back issues.

In any event, they were all Danish style blends with light Virginia and heavily fermented and moderately cased black Cavendish. Number 19 was really a nice and unique smoke as the added flavoring seemed to be nutmeg and cinnamon. The presentation was, I guess, similar to what we refer to as pumpkin spice these days. And there was also that back of the throat sifting of alcohol flavoring. Back when I smoked this one I was using my old 1-10 rating system and gave this one an 8.

smoking-rob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoking-rob (76)

A typical coarse cut blend of Virginia, Burley and some black cavendish type of tobacco. It has a full taste of tobacco and a very pleasant sweet casing where I can taste chocolate, spices whose origin I cannot really determine and something wine-like. Although I am not big on aromatics, this one is very satisfying, smooth and full.