Hand-blended, premium pressed Virginia flake tobaccos. A fine vintage, naturally sweet, in limited quantity.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Packaging50 grams or 100 grams tin
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

The Virginias have a lot of ripe, fermented dark fruit and earth, lightly tart citrus, a few blades of grass, some wood, a hint of floral, and small pinches of sugar, spice and stewed fruit. Moderately tangy and creamy with a very light “vinegar” essence that quickly weakens, and ends up lurking in the background. The strength level is in the center of mild to medium. The amount of nicotine is a hair short of the strength threshold. No chance of bite, but there is a rough edge here and there, but no harsh notes. Not quite as smooth as many later CC productions, but it has quite a bit of character. Burns cool, clean and a little slow with a mostly consistent, deeply rich, sweet and slightly savory flavor. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and needs a fair amount of relights. Has a pleasantly lingering after taste, and can be an all day smoke for veteran smokers.

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

I sure wish I could find more of this. I was fortunate enough to make a trade for a pair of 100g tins of the first-ever run of McClelland's Christmas Cheer Series. It is my understanding that the production was extremely limited and that is why the 1992 Christmas Cheer is extremely rare.

Perhaps the aging helped, all I know is that this is about the creamiest, naturally sweet Virginia I have ever smoked. The strength could be stepped up a notch or two, but the taste washed over my palate in a refreshing manner that demanded constant tugs on my pipe.

The tin note was sweet with no typical McClelland's ketchup/vinagar smell. The leaf was very dark and in broken flake form with gobs of sugar crystals throughout. Moisture content was perfect and the initial lighting took me to heaven. A hint of spice with an accompanying natural sweetness that made my toes tingle.

Sadly, I have just one tin left. Hey, there's no guarantee that I'll be around tomorrow so I may pop the lid today.