Hand-blended, premium pressed Virginia flake tobaccos. A fine vintage, naturally sweet, in limited quantity.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByMcClelland
Packaging50g or 100g Tin
Strength
Taste
Passion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Passion (28)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Strong

From what I've read, there were only 130 tins of this ever produced. In 10 years I've come across 4 tins.

With 20 years of age, I was expecting a very mellow and sweet smoke. However, right out of the tin this stuff bit me. Of course it was as moist as the day it was packed. And wet flakes normally bite me.

With some significant dry time this really shines. A nice sweet smoke, but not with the typical mellowing that I've experienced with aged blends. The flavor is still there, and it reminds me of Christmas Cheer 2009, albeit a bit sweeter.

I have only had a handful of bowls, but will update this if things change. It is a great smoke, but since it is probably impossible to find at this point, see if you can get some 2009. It's close, to my tastes anyway.

vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

very, very good. once the vinegar evaporates away. not very sweet but deep and a kind of dark taste. the only CC that has ever made me nauseous from nicotene. the years have indeed been good! sometimes i get an almost pumpkin like taste other times a slightly burnt popcorn taste that somehow melds together to make a great virginia smoking experience. there isnt anything really like this on the market today, of course the age has something to do with this incredible taste. totally different from the 99 throught present CC's. one last note, the inside of this tin is lined with a a material i havent seen before almost like sandpaper, not rust though. interesting.

Darwin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Darwin (101)

Amazing! '92 Christmas Cheer is sweet and spicy, but with no tongue bite at all. The trick is to open the tin and allow it breathe for a month or two. If you find some and you are a Virginia smoker, buy it! I bought mine at a silent auction to raise money for our pipe club, the Atlanta Pipe Club. I can't imagine there is much of this left, however.

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

I sure wish I could find more of this. I was fortunate enough to make a trade for a pair of 100g tins of the first-ever run of McClelland's Christmas Cheer Series. It is my understanding that the production was extremely limited and that is why the 1992 Christmas Cheer is extremely rare.

Perhaps the aging helped, all I know is that this is about the creamiest, naturally sweet Virginia I have ever smoked. The strength could be stepped up a notch or two, but the taste washed over my palate in a refreshing manner that demanded constant tugs on my pipe.

The tin note was sweet with no typical McClelland's ketchup/vinagar smell. The leaf was very dark and in broken flake form with gobs of sugar crystals throughout. Moisture content was perfect and the initial lighting took me to heaven. A hint of spice with an accompanying natural sweetness that made my toes tingle.

Sadly, I have just one tin left. Hey, there's no guarantee that I'll be around tomorrow so I may pop the lid today.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

This may very well be the finest tobacco I have ever smoked. I am somewhat predisposed to liking Christmas Cheer, but this one is phenomenal. The years have been good.

So what do I say that Pipestud hasn?t already said?

If you are a fan of Virginias in general, and aged Va?s in particular, you should do whatever you have to do to get a tin of this vintage delight. You will not be disappointed. It is every bit as rich and creamy and delicious as you have read.