A hearty, robust smoke for the more experienced smoker. A blending of Cavendish, Burley and Virginia, with a little extra Latakia, to give it that good, old-fashioned flavor.

BrandBarclay-Rex
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Lawrence G. Foster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lawrence G. Foster (7)

An enjoyable tobacco, though somewhat less so than Maiden Lane. I do not detect much, if any Latakia, despite the description. It may actually contain a small amount of Perique.

As always, a few ounces of this are on the house with the purchase of a pipe at Barclay Rex.

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)

I liked this. Had just the right amount of latakia if ones wants latakia but doesn't want to be overwhelmed with it. Was less latakia than Maiden Lane. Burned cool. The cavendish gave it a sweet note.

I initially gave this a three star but found it so good in an oversized Ser Jacapo pipe. It is an excellent blend and I think I will always have several ounces on hand.

Second review: Bought 6 ounces of this again and this time was not as impressed. It may have been that I was using it to break in a new Savenilli Pipe and need to try this in one of my regualr pipes. Still think it is a regular for me but will see as I get down through the supply this round.