A secret mixture of choice tobaccos
blended with Latakia. A smoker's delight.

BrandJohn Cotton
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Tolerable to Strong
Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

A friend sent me a couple of bowls of this famous blend and I sure thank him! I had been wanting to try this legendary discontinued blend for years and it was indeed a little slice of heaven. The age had toned down the Latakia to the point where it was running neck and neck with the Virginia and Oriental leaf. As smooth and flavorful as any blend on the market today, enhanced by an old world flavor that only decades old tobacco can present.

If you ever have an opportunity to try Cotton's Smyrna, do not let the opportunity pass you by.

swaviator Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
swaviator (3)
Medium Medium Full Tolerable to Strong

I hope that someone reading this post will have a tin of Smyrna they want to send my way. I've tried so many Latakia blends, but nothing, but nothing matches John Cotton's Smyrna. Does anyone know of a comparable blend? Or someone who knows the recipe and can blend it properly? If so let me know...I'm desperate for that fine smoke.

JB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JB (40)

I could only wish to smoke this old blend on a regular basis. Sadly, my recommendation and review come from memory and the one old tin I had stashed away that I recently discovered. Smyrna was one of those blends that I kick myself for not have bought in large quantities when it was around. Since I don't know what tobaccos comprised this blend, I will only say that if you dig orientals and you ever come across an old tin of this blend, buy it and savor every moment smoking it. It will never come again.