Mild Black Cavendish and nutty Burley are refined
with aromatic Vanilla. This mixture is pressed under
high pressure and cut into flakes. A softly and
aromatically smoking pleasure with marvelous
fragrance - unmistakable.

2.0
hrgerami@hotmail.com Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hrgerami@hotmail.com (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Given the limited choices of pipe tobaccos here in Tehran (Iran) amongst about 20 brands such as Captain Black, Borkum Riff, Colts, Mac Baren, etc., tried Planta Black Vanilla Mixture blend (and not inhaling). To me it is a bit biting but overall has a great flavor. Will definitely keep in my rotation when craving for an aromatic pipe smoke. (For an alternative to a cigar, as Cuban and other cigars have become very expensive here recently, also tried making a cigar leaf blend like the Mogano 146, Dominican Glory or Compton's Cuban Style Cigar Blend that are listed on this site. I added about 10% by vol. Cuban/good cigar leaf to this Planta blend. And it was a satisfying smoke with cigar taste and aroma connotations.)

puffcloud Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
puffcloud (11)

I bought this one by pure coincidence – I was intending to buy something totally different, names got mixed up, so did the tins, and… yeah, ended up with a tin of this stuff. Quick look at the reviews below, and I was expecting – well, what you can read for yourself.

Yes it is true – the tin looks like over the counter stuff, and so does the plastic bag inside, the aroma upon opening is trivial and cheap (in a way), and again yes – first puffs are really nothing special…
But… half way through the tin this stuff woke up. It is smooth with lovely vanilla notes – by no means is it this artificial flavoring (well, it is, but it tastes just great). Burns evenly – no gurgling, no tongue bite, keeps the moisture content very well. It so happens I’m smoking this in parallel with Larsen’s 2012 mixture and (sadly) I admit Planta wins hands down (at least for me).
Don’t get me wrong – it would have been nice if the vanilla was slightly richer and maybe more punch. But actually, I like it the way it is – just a decent, well performing tobacco. I will definitely buy it again.

(wife score: 4 out of 5 stars)

Pipe Used: Meerschaum and briars

Purchased From: Rotterdam, the Netherlands

amirnader Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
amirnader (7)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought it in a 40g pouch not a tin. It burns a bit faster than I expected but evenly. It is very hard to notice the flavor in the smoke. It does not gave a tongue bite. I probably would not buy it again.

rrb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rrb (4)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Overwhelming

I used to love aromatics. Not all, but some have always made my delights. This is one of them. The flavour is somewhat mild, but the sweetness of the vanilla and a little pleasant refreshing sour taste come through. It lights pretty easily, and burns well all through the end of the bowl. This is currently my favourite aromatic, replacing any other Vanilla aromatic or even replacing any other aromatic blend. Note that it is quite different than almost all aromatics. This has two downsides, if you smoke it to quick it becomes extra hot (though not bitting too much), the other is that you just want to keep smoking it all the day.

Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

I write this as I smoke a bowl of it ! I cant really detect any vanilla from the unlit product . The burn is steady and even . When lit there is only a very subtle vanilla taste to the smoke and you may need to retro-hale to embellish the flavour . I don't get bite from it and if inhaled it gives no discomfort to my throat . It is not extraordinarily sublime nor is it horrible ... I would say average !

Pipe Used: Commoys Elegance

Purchased From: Smoke King

Tazman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tazman (4)

I always loved aromatic tobacco, even rolling aromatic for cigarettes. Just wanted to try this one, but I was disappointed after I lid my pipe for the first time with this one. Sure the aroma from the tin was great but as soon as you fire it up the whole aroma and essence disappears. Burns even but very quick. The room note is tolerable. In conclusion, this one is nice for a fast morning smoke with a coffee just before you head up for work

hgm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hgm (14)
Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

this is the new tin for the tobacco that is listed under " danish black vanilla " name.

actually they both are " danish black vanilla mixture ", same thing, new tin design. and it is the worst vanilla tobacco.

Smoking this tobacco is like boiling water in your pipe. no taste , it's like hot vapor, and burns really hot too.

Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)

When I ordered this thing, I got PLANTA's Danish Black Vanilla. Is it the same thing? Does anybody know?

See my review under Planta.