A refreshing ribbon blend of ligh-bodied Eastern Belt Matured Virginia's and rich Stoved Black virginia's. Naturally sweet and satisfying.

BrandPCCA
Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Full
Unnoticeable, Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Tolerable
3.8
vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Very Pleasant

Wow. Sixteen years of age does wonders to Virginia's. The back of the tin states " A classic blend of light-bodied matured Eastern belt Orange Virginia's and rich Black Stoved Virginia's in ribbon form. Age has turned the ribbons dark and delicious.This is one of the sweetest blends I have ever had. Loads of flavor and aroma such as sweet citrus and yet an undercurrant of wood and bbq sauce.Very similar to mcCranies red flake from the 83 crop yet the addition of the black stoved adds its unique taste. I wish my cellar was full of this rather than the McCranies! Few blends achieve this level of complexity with this level of strength. I am able to take 4 or 5 puffs before I have to put the pipe down.Strength in spades, yet utterly satisfying. I wish there was more of this.perfect sipping tobacco on a hot day.These PCCA ribbon blends from the mid-nineties have been stupendous,nay,utterly stupendous. This stuff is better than all the others.Ten star stuff here.

Hitch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hitch (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Full Unnoticeable

Not a review ,but informational;

I was recently given a small sample of a PCCA 'Tudor' blend. Very nice sweet smoke.(Turns out to likely be Tudor Castle Arcade) After reading the reviews here I decided this (TUDOR) was the same one and set out on a search. Which after two weeks of fruitless efforts has led me to report that I believe there has been a small mistake and PCCA does NOT offer a blend named 'Tudor' as listed.

Edit note; Perhaps its been discontinued, see Vaperflavor's notes above, the search goes on...

This is simply outstanding! My tin contained some very well aged leaf, and I was really in heaven the moment I popped the tin and saw the deep, dark Virginia leaf that smelled of over ripe figs... A sure indication that I'll like it.

Indeed, this was tinned by McClelland's, but I detected not even a hint of vinegar or ketchup in the smell. Tudor burned cool, dry and deeply strong. This should have been a regular staple in the McClelland's Virginia line up, (IMO, of course.)

mparker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mparker (51)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

Tudor is a fairly up-front virginia manufactured by McClelland. It's made from high-grade leaf, and I find it to be surprisingly heavy for a Virginia, which I usually think of as a "summertime" smoke. Even when new it had a pronounced figgy flavor, and now that it's had a few years of aging much of the citrus note has subsided (along with what little bite it had). Whatever McClelland does to give their tobaccos that ketchupy aroma is largely missing here.

It's quite sweet (naturally, not artificially), sweeter than 1776 but not as sweet as some of the other PCCA blends. Because of it's weight, I tend to smoke it sparingly (when winter rolls around I tend to hit the latakia), but it's really an outstanding blend.