A tasty blend of selected Virginia and Cavendish tobaccos flavoured with original scotch whiskey. Developed to celebrate the danish Queen Margrethe II's 25th anniversary.

BrandPaul Olsen
2.3
Tiepolo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tiepolo (40)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

A VA Cavendish that will bite a bit if smoked carelessly. Very good tobacco quality and not too much sauce. Lacks in the nicotine department. I think aromatic lovers will like this very much. Friendly room note.

Paul Olsen- Jubilaeums Blandingen. I find this a pleasing blend! The ribbons are generous with their size. appearing a lot courser than I expected. The smell is a definite whisky one mainly but there is also an oat like, biscuit like scent of a lesser amount. The mix seems to contain an equal proportion of both types of weed all having a great moisture to them so I can fill and light rapidly! The taste from the smoke is nothing like your usual whisky aromatics. The whisky comes over as being very delicately added and like I found in the aroma there is a subtle oat/biscuit flavour but it seems more prominent than in the aroma. I don't get bite from this, the only discomfort comes from it becoming warm if drawn too hard. The nicotine is mild, that may be a reason for this suiting new pipers! Personally I find this an enjoyable blend so I score it three stars, it just lacks that 'extra something' to warrant four!

Pipe Used: Erik Nording

Purchased From: The Danish Pipe Shop

Cragganmore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cragganmore (6)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

As a novice pipesmoker I, like many others I imagine, started off with aromatics. I purchased a tin of this tobacco as a spur of the moment with the intent of sampling a fairly pure virginia with just a slight bit of flavoring. It does deliver a very sugary virginia taste but it is very mild indeed. A faint trace of alcohol sneaks into the taste at times but due to the sugary nature of the virginia I find it hard to associate this with whisky. Rum would've been my guess if I hadn't read the label.

The tobacco burns nicely and doesn't bite me even though I have a habit of smoking too vigourously (and this with a short-stem pipe to boot). It might be worth looking into if you are in the market for a very mild all-day-every-day virginia but personally I found it fairly uninspiring and forgettable.