This Irish mixture contains only the finest tobaccos which, when blended together by our Irish expert, give a mild, sweet and satisfying smoke. Flavoured with Irish whiskey.

BrandSweet Dublin
Taste

2.1
Piepensmöker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piepensmöker (17)

The quintessential Danish aromatic. The tin note is fruity, although slightly artificial, but this is not detectable in the taste, where it takes a step back and rounds off the tobacco taste. It does not remind me of Whiskey, neither Irish, nor otherwise. This is a great tobacco to smoke besides other activities. It burns well and easily, without much complexity, but therefore does not distract or need any concentration. I would not call it my favorite blend, but still I smoke quite a lot of it. It is just there and satisfies.

ozkanazazi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ozkanazazi (1)

For nicotine it's too mild. But taste and room note are good. Burns well. Pouch note ok. Ready for packing. I think this blend is good for start out with.

Purchased From: Netherland

Nagans Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nagans (3)

When i very first started pipe smoking, this was what i smoke. This blend has a wondeful smell, Lacks a bit on the taste,therefor i think this is a good blend to start out with.

Its not that harsh and no hotspots. I think this is a good blend for a fresh soul that is looking into pipesmoking.

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Very Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

I received some of this and just on the name was excited...the pouch note is ok and very sweet smelling but upon smoking it I found it kind of flat. Not only is there nothing in the room note but zero taste. I'm going to put this away and revisit. If it gets better I will adjust my review.

LANCER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LANCER (7)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

If you want an aromatic with a good nicotine note, this isn't the one. Upon opening the pouch you can smell some fruity notes, but when you light it up, it vanishes. The only thing I can taste is ash. For the nicotine, well I can just say it's toooooo mild for me. The only positive note is that it burns well and down to the bottom leaving no goopy stuff in the pipe. It's true, you can find Sweet Dublin nearly anywhere, but if I can find only that, I'll just prefer not to smoke.

metalhead Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
metalhead (18)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

from what i know its been around for years. it packs easy lights easy. a blend that does not need much attention, upon lighting there is taste, fruity/bourbon, that will hold till the end, smoke it slow or it will get somewhat hot, no tonguebite. there are better whiskey blends out there for sure but all in all its a nice smoke.

Lombard65 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lombard65 (48)

As he says, Daniel Andersen in its review, the grandfather smoked and bought it for that reason. Your grandfather has become real big smoke. I started with this blend, was truly Irish whiskey! That is not your grandfather who smoked the same as you smoke now. I assure you, 100% Today..........Not to buy

Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Running short of tobacco just before the holidays, and being at my favourite mall having a tobacco store in it anyway, I decided to try another classic I have so far managed to avoid.

The pouch aroma is fruity (I'd say peach), but with an undercurrent of real tobacco. The blend seems to be about 2/3 bright leaf, probably VA, and 1/3 Black Cavendish, presented in a relatively coarsely cut ribbon.

Stuffing and lighting is easy enough. For me, SD works from small-to-medium bowls right up to my DB Magnum (featuring a bowl large enough for most people to sink their entire thumb into all the way and never touch the bottom). The burn is slightly hotter than what I am used to from, say, MacBaren's offerings, but can be controlled. The taste is fruity, and has some nuttiness in it as well as a wee bit of spice; it lasts throughout the smoke without much change except for the very end, where it turns a tad bitter. The VA occasionally makes itself felt, though for most of the time, it remains far in the background.

This is not a bad smoke at all; for an aromatic, it is very well- behaved; it leaves only a minimum of dottle among otherwise mottled ashes, and the pipe won't flavour the next umpteen smokes with its casing the way some other aromatics do. Burns easy, easily maintained.

I'm probably not going to buy more of this blend in the near future because I am used to stuff far stronger, but I'd recommend highly for the friends of aromatics and, possibly, beginners who can pace themselves.

JAM Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JAM (1)
Medium Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A newbie approves!

I am a brand new pipe smoker. I am at the time of writing 27 years old and have smoked cigerattes since i was about 12 years old. For the last 8(?) years or so i have smoked handrolled cigeratte, and lately i have only not smoked when i was sleeping.

Concerned about my lungs i bought a cheap pipe at a real tobacco-store and the most expencive pack of tobacco i could see when scouting the room briefly. I had an extreme bad case of tongue bite and knew i had to find another brand.

My granpba always smoked Sweet Dubin - the yellow one - so i picked that. After lighting it, i was instantly brought back to my childhood, and was in itself was a great experience. But I also found it to taste very pleasent.

My grandpa might have cared more about his wallet than tobacco, and I'm sure i'll find something much better in the future, but for now it is very good. I like.

orka Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
orka (52)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

This review is based on notes I made in 2006 after purchasing a pouch of this stuff. I actually thought I had already posted it years ago, but apparently I did not. So for what it may be worth, here it is, edited for better continuity and relevance:

---

This is a very nice tobacco for the [...] occasional weekend, or easy going and casual mid day when nothing heavy weighs on my mind, or simply for the times when my sweet tooth ache for an aromatic of good quality. [...] Can't really say I can detect any real whiskey flavour in there, but the scent from the pouch certainly contains some kind of a sweetened up whiskey [...]. The pouch aroma is great [...]

It is mostly cavendish dominated, there are some virginias in there also. But [...] they play a small role in the composition as a whole [...]

The first part of the bowl, some 30 minutes or so at my smoking rate, are absolutely delightful. And indeed a relaxing treat. Sweet, very fruity and almost playful on the tongue. Unfortunately, after mid bowl [...] It gets a little too harsh in flavour for me to keep up the smoking. This is really a pity, [...] it just doesn't deliver all those magnificent flavours it puts in your face just after you get the lighting going.

[...] This is a great choice. Especially for the newbie [...]. It does have a nice body, and as long as it lasts, [it has] a full and again, sweet taste [...]

Packing it really is no problem, and it seems like it does benfit from a "Frank" fill. It burns good, up until mid bowl where it starts to get a little too wet, [...] really slow puffing will help bring out the goodness. [...] it leaves you with a slightly tingly, not at all unpleasant aftertaste on the tongue. Great to finish- or mix with a good light beer [...].

I will have to return to this tobacco [...] I feel like it has more to [...] offer than I've noticed so far.

(October 2006)

---

I never did return for a second pouch. In fact, if I recall correctly, I didn't come back for many refills since the notes were scribbled down. Much of what was left of the pouch after the review was made was destroyed in a rehydration experiment gone bad. No big loss when looking in the rear view mirror, there have been so many great smokes since then, both aromatics and not. Sweet Dublin isn't very memorable, but you might like it if you're into Whiskey tobaccos.

TeeBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TeeBee (19)
Mild Medium Mild Tolerable

For me this is the kind of tobacco that you find in gas stations and super markets, cheap and boring. A friend of mine (not a pipe smoker) compared the smell from the pouch with Baileys. Well I couldn't see that resemblance. Very little aroma for being an aromatic.

Dubinthedam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dubinthedam (133)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Strong

I find reviewer's a little hard on this danish. Is what is says 'sweet whisky flavor', very good for a not expensive packet baccy (if bought fresh) nearly as good a many expensive whiskey blends. I find it better than MacB's Louis's Whisky, that's not a bad complement, now is it. If your on a budget and you like sweet and whisky, give it a try. Can mix well with straight flakes, virginia's.

zarteus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zarteus (10)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

Maybe its a perversion but I like Sweet Dublin. There are many similar aromatics that I wont touch but somehow this one sits fine when I am in the mood. I first came across this blend in the Icelandic duty-free for an incredibly cheap price, and was surprised how much I liked it. True, its like smoking a pudding but it has no soapy qualities and I found I was able to slowly savour its peculiar sweetness. The casing does make you want to eat it and the room note is certainly a wife pleaser. I had many a comment from friends about how delicious the note was, even outside!

If you have a sweet tooth, this could be worth your time.

OleFattGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OleFattGuy (27)
Mild Strong Mild Pleasant

Got a 100g tin of this as a present from a non-smoker. She had asked me what I liked and I tried to make it easy on her, me being a fan of Balkan and English, I just said that anything that has a geographical connotation towards Middle east or England is usually OK. Wasn't expecting her to think that Irish Cities = England but there you go. The can is really nice. Inside, there is a golden mixture with a few darker shavings here and there. It smells sweet and with some effort I can trace some light Irish (Jameson?) whiskey in there. It stuffs easily and burns just fine and dry, all the way down. The room note is quite lovely, actually but the taste is a bit too sweet for my tastebuds. This is a candidate for either that Sunday morning smoke before churchgoing ;), or else I might just try and spice it up with some pure Latakia and see how they marry. I think it's not as bad as some reviewers state, but that 100g tin will probably sit around my cabinet for a couple a years before I'v smoked it all. A nice change of pace every once in a while I guess or if I know that the PTA are coming around to discuss the kids' behaviour, this might be smoked to help up the atmosphere around the house.

Update: Tried to mix it with a pinch of McConnell's Pure Latakia but the vanilla sweetness just didn't go to well together with it, a bit like chewing RedPlug while licking on an ice cream cone. Nah, this one will be smoked on it's own, but not too often.

Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

A very sweet, Irish-coffee tasting blend, that will be loved by those around you. I bought this in a 50g. plastic pouch, and as soon as I opened it, someone sitting next to me asked if I was going to EAT it, the aroma is that yummy.

In my opinion, this blend could be put to better use if added when baking a cake, than smoking it. Think of a stronger version of Radford's Old Scotch, very similar to, but sweeter than, Daviddof's Scottish Mixture.

Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

I bought a pouch and I'm still repenting. If you really want something good to be smelled by those around you, buy incense sticks instead or buy flowers. Tobacco is for anothere use.

bumbum Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bumbum (20)
Extremely Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

An abominable "tobacco", highly irrecommendable. I won't even send a package of this "tobacco" to my own worst enemy.

Mitrich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mitrich (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is mild and sweet and it burns good, but it's really boring! I've smoked only a half of a pack. There is nothing intresting in this blend.

Mild Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I purchased a tin of this from the Dan Tobacco catelog a few years ago because I wanted the tin. I also enjoy tobacco with a bit of whiskey flavoring every now and then, and this was a nice change of pace blend for me.

My only complaint is that despite the quality of the virginia, the cavandish was overly sweetened. I couldn't handle more than one bowl before I went running for my Royal Yacht.

The casing is of top quality by the way, because the pipe came up mostly dry after the smoke.