Golden Virginia, black cavendish and burley give this blend a light taste. Flavored with a small amount of cherry, this is not a harsh blend.

BrandSvendborg
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Mild, Medium, Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
2.3
CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

A fine blend in every aspect, well crafted with bright Virginias balanced with black cavendish and a cherry topping, but I'd say it leans more on the tart side of cherry and almost cranberry in tin note and flavour. Svendborg blends all seem to share the same "essence" (which I find quite palatable) I can only describe it as "Virginia enhanced" perhaps even compare it to what MSG does to food and I say that affectionately in this case. This blend has enough nicotine to keep me satisfied, but perhaps too much to smoke all day. Burns down to a white ash with no dottle and leaves a lovely room note. Like other Svendborg blends ive noticed this one also seems to get little attention on this forum which is unfortunate, perhaps the high price tag is a deterrent. Highly recommend to the aromatic smoker, fruit blend enthusiast or any fan of Danish tobak.

Pipe Used: capri sandblast billiard

Age When Smoked: current production

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)

This is one of the few cherry aromatics that has a delicate taste and smokes to a dry white ash. It has a subtle room note and it doesn't bite. I would rate it 4 stars but it is not quite as good, in my opinion, as McLintock's Black Cherry.

Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Svendborg - Kirsberry.

I've had a bit of a sweet tooth this week and have been enjoying an aromatic as my morning smoke with a nice cappuccino. So, I selected this when I woke today. A few days back I was enthralled by Sutliff's Hot Chocolate, after my morning pipe I smoked it non-stop for the day. Svendborg Kirsberry, is it in the same league? No.

Lets get back to the start. A fairly chunky ribbon, especially the lighter pieces, the Virginia and Burley are much coarser than the black Cavendish. Being fair, the aroma from the tin's nice, I even had my wife attest how pleasant it was! The moisture's another positive point.

On with the smoke: sure, I bet the tobaccos don't taste that bad, but I wouldn't know, the only thing I can identify are the cherries. Sour, acerbic, tart, sharp, caustic, cutting....... need I go on, LOL! The cherry flavouring has been ladled into it, leaving no room for the nuances of the tobaccos. Adding insult to injury is the burn: hot and fast. Rounding off the abysmal experience is the tongue bite: ouch!

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: pleasant.

Take this review with a pinch of salt, if you wish. It's only based on two and a half bowls as that's all I could stomach. Not recommended:

One star.