Black Cavendish tobaccos with different flavours combined with various Virginia tobaccos create a flowery fruity mixture. The special taste arises from a mixture of real rose petals.

BrandVon Eicken
Blended ByVon Eicken
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Very Mild, Strong, Extra Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium, Medium to Full
Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong, Extra Strong
2.0
EugeneMsc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
EugeneMsc (4)
Mild Very Mild Mild Tolerable

Not an unpleasant blend, but not a very good one. Dried roses don't add much good to the flavour. The taste is pretty bland. The room not is average. I didn't hate this tobacco but I probably would not buy it again.

DrY11 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrY11 (39)
Mild Strong Medium Tolerable to Strong

It does really smell of dried roses and it does not seem entirely artificial.

The overall experience is pleasant and due to the smell it has some uniqueness.

The only drawback is that it comes quite dry in the pouch - and based on previous experiences with Von Eicken Blends I would not like to experiment; they are usually very sensitive to the moisture level.

Most likely I will buy more pouches occasionally but I will not go looking for them...

A. Morley Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A. Morley (73)
Very Mild Extra Strong Medium to Full Extra Strong

This blend is the tobacco equivalent of the Rococo period. I happen to be rather fond of the Rococo, at least in terms of music, painting, and church architecture. So far as tobacco is concerned, however, it would appear that my tastes run far more in the vein of Appalachia and, as such, I find this stuff to be utterly abysmal.

It comes in a firm, gooey brick in the tin. It is mostly black with a few shockingly yellow flecks throughout. In spite of what the tin says, they don?t merely stop with rose petals, there are entire crushed blossoms in there, though I can?t think why. At least I no longer have to wonder what it would smell like if I were to use an air compressor to spray Karo syrup all over the inside of a French whore house. It is nigh-on impossible to load into a pipe as one is unable to break it up or rub it out. Try to do so and you just continue to get a sticky clump that won?t come off of your fingers. If you ever manage to fill and light the bowl then you are in for a real treat. Rosebud Country Cut tasted like nothing so much as sweet and sour sauce, and I mean the really toxic, florescent variety that is served in strip mall Chinese buffets staffed entirely by Midwestern Caucasians. The inside of your mouth will feel wrinkled and dried out after only two puffs. If that is not enough, this rubbish is the single hottest burning tobacco I have ever smoked. It made me cry. My lips and tongue were covered in festering sores. Men ran from me, children screamed, women hid their faces.

Even the tin managed to torture me. It is one of those neat little square ones with a hinged lid, the kind that people will find in your study and will just stand there clicking it open and shut. The kind that kids and pre-teen girls really want you to give them so they can keep stuff in it, but if you do then other kids and pre-teens come and pester you to give them a neat tin too and though you have no other tins like that one they just won?t go away and will rattle through every other tobacco tin you have.

I just cant imagine myself saying this blend's name with my last breath.

And just what the devil is ?Country Cut? supposed to mean anyway?