A slow burning mixture of Virginia tobaccos blended with Black Cavendish. A unique taste of full-bodied tobaccos with excellent coffee and Old Irish Whiskey.

BrandPlanta
Manufactured ByPlanta
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCoffee, Whisky
Packaging50g tin
Strength
Extra Strong
Taste
Overwhelming
Strong
1.2
Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Strong

This product seems so heavily cased in whiskey and not enough coffee. Instead of getting a coffee aromatic with some hints of whiskey, you get a full blast of whiskey in the face with subtle hints of coffee.

This is definatley the strongest aromatic I have ever tried, however the whiskey-coffee combination makes it smell and taste rancid. I gave it away and the person I gave it to, who would smoke anything threw it away. Definatley not recomended unless you like the taste and smell of one-week-old trash.

sinatra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sinatra (8)
Mild Extra Strong Medium to Full Strong

Stay away from this tobacco. I love aromatics. I have been a cigar smoker for about 15 years, and a pipe smoker for about a year. I wanted to try the Black Vanilla, but they were sold out, so I decided to try this one. HUGE MISTAKE!!! The smell is sickeningly sweet from the tin. Not a nice sweet smell of Irish Cream, for example, as I would have hoped, but an almost indescribeable "sweetness". Maybe like candy-floss?! The taste when lit became almost sour, as if the flavouring in this had gone rancid. I wish I could find something good to say about this tobacco, but I can't. Anyone want a tin?

Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (104)
Mild Medium to Strong Overwhelming Strong

Was I to name the top three worst tobaccos in the world, this one would certainly be among them. Try to smoke anything rotten out of an old, moist basement where against all odds something starts to burn and you’ll get the idea. I believe it went out of production, which would be a relief. Protect you taste buds, …please!

The review is based on two tins, tried every other year or so for over a decade, till I finally threw them out.

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter

Age When Smoked: fresh to 10 yrs

Similar Blends: hopefully none.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Planta Irish Coffee. The smell from this doesn't suggest coffee at all, I get a potent blast of whisky but I can't detect any coffee, hey ho! The mix seems to need a small drying period, not ages but mine needed a couple of hours before smoking could commence. The mix looks to contain a higher proportion of Virginia to Black Cavendish, about a 75% to 25% split. I note how this doesn't get the best reaction however once lit I feel it's had a bit of a raw deal! OK, it's not in the league of some aro's but I really don't think it's that bad! The taste isn't exactly as the aroma led me to believe, strangely I CAN actually detect some coffee, by no means does it construe what I expect from a coffee aromatic as it is a mild taste but I can without doubt notice it! Now, the whisky is exactly what the smell had me predicting it would taste like, there is no arguing with the fact this contains whiskey! Over to a less positive feature now, tongue bite, go easy or this will shred your tongue to pieces! Nicotine is quite mild in this, a big inhalation is needed for satisfaction!. As this burns down the slight coffee taste that was there at the start dissipates and gets overtaken by the whiskey, towards the end of the bowl it becomes a bit too much for me! The whiskey becomes too strong but there is also a slight caramel quality that comes through the longer it's smoked. To be fair, as the topping is heavy any tobacco tastes are left for conjecture to deal with, "was that Virginia or Cavendish ?" , it's hard to discern with such a casing! I said at the beginning "I feel it's had a bit of raw deal" but I think with the vast array of coffee/whiskey blends on the market that two stars is a fair award!

Pipe Used: Markuz Purple Poker

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

Metal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Metal (3)
Mild to Medium Extra Strong Overwhelming Extra Strong

I split this tin with a friend. Irish Coffee sounds innocent enough for a tin of tobacco, but this tobacco is anything but that.

Reading the previous review I tend to agree - this tobacco is awful.

However, I have a further note: note only is the smell and fumes overwhelming, but there's a better description for the flavour than that of candy floss: Urine.

I don't mean this in a general derogatory manner, I mean, this tobacco tastes like piss. The flavour is the exact same as what happens when you pissed in the campfire in boy scouts. I see two possibilities: 1. This tobacco is too heavily cased and flavours, to the point where it's rank, or, 2. Disgruntled PPP employees urinated in my tin.