Toasted Black Cavendish and Golden, Light Virginia tobaccos, with a Berry and Vanilla Aroma.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsCavendish, Virginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringOther / Misc, Vanilla

I could bee wrong (have often been), but don't believe this blend was ever available in the USA. I used to swap tobaccos with a friend overseas and was sent the entire line of Nording blends back around 2003 or 2004. I came across all of them while rummaging through my little stash last year and pulled this one out because I do like Vanilla flavoring in my smokes from time to time. #1 was fun because I was able to get a real Virginia taste while getting a flavor boost from the cased Black Cavendish. It took awhile to go through the tin but even after a few months, the tobacco remained moist, yet burned cleanly. I really enjoyed this tobacco and was sad when the contents were gone.

JohnnyFlake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JohnnyFlake (17)

(4-1-03)I have smoked five bowls of this tobaccy and find my notes to be consistant. Upon openning the tin you can instantly pick-up on the very sweet, almost too sweet aroma this blend offers. I have detected honey, vanilla, rasin and berries. This is a short cut ribbon tobaccy which is very dark, actually, it's about 90% black or very dark brown and about 10% tan in color. It was far too moist for my taste so I left the tin open for a full twelve hours then sealed it and put it away for two days before trying it. After drying it out, it packed easily, lites up easily and burns like a dream. The prdominent flavor for me, is that of very high quality sweet cavandish with hints of vanilla & berry and now and then a burst of virginia tanginess. Surprisingly, the flavor stays consistant from the top of the bowl to the bottom which is unusual for an aromatic. If anything the flavors gets a bit spicier but ever so slightly, as you pass the midway point. The room note is very pleasant! This is a mild tobaccy and the flavor is plesantly rich. I was plesantly surprised by this tobacco. I really like it and I'm sure I'll reach for it more often than not. (4-14-03) This tobaccy has really grown on me. I find that I'm smoking a bowl of this almost everyday. It has made it into my rotation!