A very mild, gentle mixture, enriched with black cavendish as well as an aromatic Yucatan honey. A refreshing pleasure to smoke.

BrandHolger Danske
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.7
Extremely Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This was a very different sort of smoke for me. I am not the biggest fan of aromatic blends, but the description of this Honeydew was enough to get me interested.

I can't say I didn't like this, but it will never make my regular rotation. It had a bit too much sweetness and not enough punch to keep me interested. I did like the subtle flavoring, but would have liked it even more if the casing were less pronounced. I can see where this would be a big hit for the aromatic fanciers.

The blend was at just the right moisture level and packed splendidly. It was not difficult to keep lit, and the burn was even. I appreciated the blender's attempt at creating a sweet, yet tobacco tasting blend. Just too cased for my taste.

cedeks Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cedeks (8)

Nice decent aromatic tobacco, honey taste from the beginning till the last quarter of the bowl. Not the best quality tobacco but for less than 3 USD for the 50g pouch I do not think you can get better deal :-).

My only concern regarding this tobacco is how fast it dries out, unless you finish the pouch within two or three days you will end up with an extremely dry tobacco. I think keeping it in a humidified jar will help but I did not try that.

1/2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
1/2 (6)
Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Holger Danske - Original Honey Dew I rather enjoyed this one. I have very little to compare it to, I did find that it was a mellom and pleasant tobbacco to smoke. I rather enjoyed this at the end of a long day offshore, with a cup of coffee and pleasant conversation.

The flavour is balanced and it keeps a Nice temprature and burn rate.

Pipe Used: Missoury Meerschaum / Butzchoquin