BrandPeterson
CutMixture
Packaging1.75 ounce tin
Strength
Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
gmack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gmack (1)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Excellent aromatic. Can not tell the difference between this year's blend and St. Patrick's Day 2015, but that was a very good year. Supposedly blackberry is added to the fruity mix. If so, it works as well as the 2015/Founder's Choice blend. No bite, smooth smoke. I would rate it at 3.5 since it is clearly much better than last year's iteration.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin filter

Age When Smoked: Fresh from tin

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

Similar Blends: Delicious aromatic. Almost identical to St. Patrick's 2015. A delightful aromatic blend..

PhantomWolf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhantomWolf (38)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

The tin note is wonderful. Deep, sweet, berries and mango combine with the lightly grass/hay character of the virginias and that nutty, oat-like character of the burley- The result is like putting your nose to a bowl of your favourite musli cereal.

The tobacco came at the perfect moisture level, required few relights, and left little behind as far as a mess. Impossible to bite. However, the slower you smoke- the more enjoyable this will be. There is a lot of topping/casing in there and that stuff can taste a little bitter if it gets too hot. The fruit flavour will hang strong for the first half of the bowl, but gives way to the burley and cavendish as the bowl goes.

The room note is obviously wonderful and if you're in a crowd drinking green beer this St Paddy's day, I am sure you will get many comments.

Probably not an all-day aromatic. Two bowls in a row actually made my mouth/throat sore.

Bottom line: I give this two stars. I'll have a bowl when I'm in the mood for something different and I am glad for the opportunity to try it, but I wont lose any sleep over only having the one tin.

Pipe Used: Wessex Briar and MM Cob

Age When Smoked: Fresh!

Purchased From: Allegheny Smokeworks of Pittsburgh, PA

Similar Blends: Stokkebye Peaches and Creme if you swapped the peaches for blackberries and went a little heavy on the casing. Though I would choose the Stokkebye over this every time..

toddsmith7378 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
toddsmith7378 (32)

First, this is the prettiest mixture of tobacco and cut I've ever seen. It's almost confetti looking with bright's, dark's and everything in between. The smell out of the tin is really fruity pleasant.

The smoke is really nice as well. I'm not sure what fruit this is, but its really good and enhances the flavor of the tobacco. Much like all the other Peterson Aromatic's I've had, the quality is really good. I don't smoke aromatic's too regularly, but have a few choice one's I enjoy from time to time. Many of the one's I keep stocked are from Peterson. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten better reviews here. I really enjoy it.