Full-bodied Havana, sweetish Virginias with fine citrus-notes and exotic floral Orient Turkish are blended into to a medium strength, unobtrusive mixture. Because of it's tasteful, tender and delightful roasted flavour, this blend is something unique.

Notes: The "H-Line" by Tabacum is a series of blends that are all based on Havana cigar leaf.

BrandTabacum
Blended ByTabacum
Blend TypeCigar Leaf Based
ContentsCigar Leaf, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Very Full
Tolerable to Strong

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (153)
Medium to Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

I got aware of Tabacum and especially their "H(avana)-Line" through a fellow pipe smokers, who seems to smoke nothing but the blends H1 to H5 (all Havana based blends, I'll add and review them as soon as I get ahold of them), so I thought I have to try this weed too. I'm no cigar expert, I only smoked 4-5 (mostly cheap) cigars so far and diddn't find too much pleasure in it.

Upon sticking my nose into the fine ribbons of this blend, I instantly notice a decent, herbal cigar-ish note. A slightly sour- and woody aroma from the Turkish is also present, which I feel enriches the cigar-ish notes of the Havana. Just very little sweetness in the scent.

It comes in perfect smoking condition, the ribbons are rather fine and almost remind of a RYO-cut. The look is orangy-brown, as well as yellow-beige. Intriguing smell and scent, that made me curious about this blends taste.

H1's flavour is so superior - I instantly fell in love with it and dedicated a pipe to it. On first light I got greeted by a very flowery, slighty sour taste, which quickly got accompanied by a full-bodied, creamy and rich cigar-aroma. The interplay of cigar-ish Havana and flowery-herbal Oriental notes is outrageously tasteful. A decently woody and sour-dry dimension that's underscoring the cigar-ish and flowery-herbal aroma very well, as well as a slightly earthy undertone give this blend depth and form the base so the lovely composition of Havana+Orientals does shine like a star. A subtle roasted quality is ever present. The citrusy, a tad sweet tones of the Virginia rounds this full-bodied, creamy, rich and genuine smoking experience.

Herbal, etheric, flowery, slightly sour-sweet and decently spicy. This blend has got it all without being overwhelming at all. All components are so well woven and married into a melange that really has a unique character.

I'm instantly hooked - I NEED more of this, asap! I'm wondering how the other blends from the H-Line are. This style of pipe tobacco, and especially this specific blend is a perfect extension for my rotation of mostly Va/Per and (dark fired) Kentucky blends. The Havana varietal used has character, the Orientals are top-notch and full of delicate aromas.

Only downside is the room note, which is typically strong, like most cigar-leaf and Orientals blends. It's tolerable to most people tho I suppose.

4/4 stars, a instant favorite of mine. A blend I highly recommend anyone, who likes a full-bodied, spicy blend with depth and intense aromas. Cigar-Smokers will love this I guess.

Pipe Used: Clay Pipes / dedicated handmade briar