Old English Curve Cut Tobacco has the natural flavor that only pure, unadulterated can have. It smokes free and cool.

BrandAmerican Tobacco Co
Manufactured ByAmerican Tobacco Co.
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Packaging
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium
Pleasant, Tolerable
2.5
JimInks (2026)

This straight burley flake has been comprised by time to some extent. The sample I tried is from 1944. There’s more than one kind of burley present, and the white burley is the most prominent varietal. Very woody and earthy with a light molasses sweetness, some sharpness and roughness, and a distinct nuttiness, it’s a very savory/sour experience. As there was no topping, the smoker gets an unrefined, no nonsense taste of tobacco. The nic-hit is mild to medium. The strength is almost medium, but I suspect it was a little stronger when fresh. The taste level is medium. Won’t bite. As this needed hydration, it’s impossible to know what the moisture level was when fresh, but the flavors are consistent all the way through. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and needed a few relights. The after taste is strong, unattractive, and lingers quite a while. I’m giving this a neutral two star rating because it is a compromised sample.

crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (45)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant

I recently acquired a sample of this tobacco and being I did not know what expect from this,when it arrived I opened the package and started smoking it right away! I have never been someone with a palate capable of picking out exact nuances of a tobacco blend.I never could understand how a reviewer finds a leathery flavor or a taste of burnt crabgrass in a tobacco..until today! I tasted something reminding me of nuts and was a bit sweet. The taste was pleasant and the smell reminded me of my grandfather smoking his pipe.. looking back the aroma was that of just tobacco.. to me it tasted just as it smelled,like tobacco..Both taste and smoke are rich yet not overpowering. To my wife sitting next to me the aroma was one of the better smelling blends I have ever smoked! I will say this about the tobacco, it did have an "old smell and taste" but by no means was it offensive or rancid. This was an all burley blend and has opened my eyes to burley blends! I had a few relights and the flakes seemed a bit dry as they would start to crumble with a light touch. I find this tobacco very enjoyable and a pleasure to smoke. Three stars from me!

Pipe Used: MM country gent

Age When Smoked: 77 years!

Purchased From: gifted

Similar Blends: Nothing I have ever smoked before! Time for me to explore burley blends!!!.