Golden Virginias and rich burleys sweetened with tropical fruit.

FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Sutliff - Tropical Cavendish #13.

Quite a coarse cut mixture and although it's loosely pouched it's still too moist; not dreadfully so, but a slight airing period's required. The fruit comes over fairly strong in the pouch-note.

I'll start with the light and burn consistency: it's easy to get burning and then gives a steady burn; although slightly fast. For the initial part of a bowl the topping masks quite a lot of the tobacco attributes, and to be fair, although it isn't my type of aromatic, it isn't that bad. I get very little citrus causticity, and a lot more actual flavour. To me, 'Tropical' usually implies pineapple, but I don't get any, I get sweeter/softer tropical varieties. The tobaccos take until about halfway through a bowl to gain some recognition, and when they come through I find them quite pleasant: more of the nutty Burley compared to grassy Virginia.

It doesn't really bite but something that puts me off is the harsh taste it leaves in my mouth.

The room-note's pleasant enough, albeit quite strong, and the nicotine's mild to medium.

I wouldn't smoke this regularly, glad I only bought an ounce! I think two stars seems fair.

Somewhat recommended.