A smooth background of caramel combined with a deep, rich aroma to compliment the rich black Cavendish tobacco. Course Cut.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith & Hoggarth
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCaramel, Coffee
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Strong, Very Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

Halcyon_andy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Halcyon_andy (3)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I purchased on a whim whilst buying my usual rotation and upon opening the pouch i found an inviting burst of sweet, pudding aromas lept out. The blend smells like a rich desert and together with the appearance of the dark tobacco promised a sweet flavour sensation. The coffee was there, but the caramel took centre stage.

It was at this point my love affair ended. It's very sticky and no amount of drying seemed to get it any dryer. On lighting the smoke was sweet and flavourful but in a sickly, syrupy manner. I found the Cavendish heavy blend to taste harsh, ashy and boring in the tobacco dept, and too much sweet in the topping dept.

If sweet is your thing, this might be up your street, but for me it was a step to far.

Pipe Used: Falcon international

Purchased From: Duckworths, Colwyn bay, UK

Very Mild Very Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth & Co. - American Blend Coffee Caramel.

The blend's jet black, too damp, shiny, and smells pungent; it has a very sweet aroma. It needs to be given a good period of time for the water level to decrease, and then it gives a decadent smoke.

Because it's coarse I have to use my jet flame to get a bowl going. And then, if you like heavy aromatics, I recon you'll love this! The caramel gives the smoke a stickiness, and the coffee a sharpness/richness; there's no mistaking what this is flavoured with! At first the caramel leads by miles, but that's partly because of the sticky feeling it causes, then after around five minutes I begin to appreciate more of the coffee flavour. The weight of the casing causes a great paradox: I get a wonderful aftertaste in my mouth! The smoke's extremely thick, very cool, and stays bite-free throughout an entire bowl. At the risk of pointing out the totally bloody obvious I'd like to highlight that this pairs exceptionally well with a cup of coffee!

The nicotine's very mild, and the room-note's adorable.

A fabulous aromatic: