Notes: We use the Super Value Buttered Rum as our base, and then add our own toppings in the shop.

BrandOutman Cigars
Blended BySutliff Tobacco Company and Outman Cigars
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Other / Misc, Raspberry, Rum
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium
Taste
2.7
JimInks (2040)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The base of this Outman Cigars shop blend is Super Value Buttered Rum. To it, they’ve added several different kinds of rum, and I’m not able to pick out the various ones used, though a hint of raspberry caught my taste buds a couple of times. I can still taste a little of the original base (light grassy Virginia and nutty burley), but the overall flavor is different. When I opened the baggie, the aroma was amazingly deep. The actual flavor is more gentle, almost medium sweet, and though the tobacco is a little moist, I saw no reason to dry it. Burns at a reasonable pace with a few relights, but that number seems to diminish once you got it going. The taste is very smooth with a hint of spice, and a light creaminess from the original base, and remains consistent from beginning to end. Has almost no nicotine and will not bite. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, but no dottle. Has a pleasant after taste and room note. A mild, easy going all day smoke that’s very repeatable.

Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The toppings on this very basic tobacco blend are very pleasant, and those who enjoy rum-flavored blends might wish to seek this out. The rum(s) comes through from the start to the finish, with the sharpness of whatever 'spice' there might be (inc. citrus, yes, but no raspberry) contrasting nicely with the sweetness, but not over the top. On the other hand, I found the underlying tobacco pretty pedestrian, and rather bitey. If you get along with Cavendish aro blends, again you might want to consider it.

Pipe Used: briars and meers

Age When Smoked: opened after being gifted this

Purchased From: gift

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Ok, so I am going through my selection of unsmoked blends and I find this little baggie of Sutliff Spiced Rum. I find Sutliff makes some pretty good aromatics and I had no idea how long that bag had been in my possession. So I open the bag and the aroma is....well nice. I don't get much in the way of anything in particular just a nice aroma. So I stick a bit in a small bowl and light up. By the way the mixture was just very slightly damp but not wet in any sense. Lights fine and room note is not any particular outstanding aroma. It is sweet but no strong in any way....just kind of....well nice. The flavor is there but won't knock your socks off just there to enjoy. Now the taste......it's well....nice. I got sweetness but not a huge amount. Some perhaps sweet cream, a little berry flavor, even a buttery flavor from time to time and of course hints of dark rum. Just a real nice flavor. I guess your beginning to see a trend here. This is a NICE blend. Not outstanding and not weak. You could enjoy this in the morning or evening. Burns pretty cool and just a very slight bite if puffed. Smoked slow this is very enjoyable. I predict I will be getting more in the future. I may try some with just a hint of frosted mint to see how I like that. Bottom line....this is a really nice blend anyone can enjoy.

Pipe Used: Ropp Cutty