A mild Virginia blend.

Strength
Taste
2.0
JimInks (2059)

The mildly citrusy, grassy Virginia also offers a light woodiness. Has a very mild nic-hit. Won’t bite, but burns warm and fast, and may get lightly harsh if puffed fast. Has a consistent, very one dimensional flavor that lacks depth, leaves no moisture in the bowl, and hardly needs a relight. Has a innocuous after taste. An all day smoke that’s close to being a RYO product, and will work as such if you are so inclined.

James Barber - Best Virginia Shag.

The current description of ' a mild Virginia blend' on this site is a perfect review; succinct, yes, but also extremely apt! But, I'll put a few descriptive words down:

The contents of the pouch are very unsurprising: a medium brown, sharp smelling, fairly fine, shag. The moisture's good, so let's fill and light:

The smoking qualities aren't anything exceptional. Yes, it light well, burns even, and gives an alright flavour: a stereotypical Virginia one, but I couldn't smoke it on a regular basis. For a Virginia lover, it might tick all the boxes, but for an English/VaPer guy like myself, it needs to be something special (like the Paul Olsen No.4/Best Blend 4 I reviewed yesterday) to get much applause.

The rest of the features are fairly simple: the room-note's okay, it doesn't bite me, and the nicotine's mild.

This isn't bad, but like I mentioned, I prefer my blends to have more character: this is too flat for me, I want more depth.

Somewhat recommended.