BrandPayless Pipes Custom Blends
Unnoticeable
CoreyR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CoreyR (24)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Unnoticeable

Payless 230. Their description is, "The ultimate smoking experience for the true Latakia lover. Ample proportions of Latakia are combined with Virginian and other exotic tobaccos. The result is an English style blend like no other." I cracked the tin and was pleasantly surprised by the aroma. I daresay that it reminded me of my much beloved Presbyterian Mixture. It looked nothing like Presbyterian, mind you, but it had a note of it. The tobacco had a good consistency, being neither too dry nor too moist. I was able to load up and lite up, right out of the tin. It took two lites and smoked all the way through with a smooth even smoke, leaving a fine ash. I could taste the latakia up front and I found it to have just the right amount. It was not "Lat heavy," nor was it so lite that it could barely be detected. The Virginia gave it a surprisingly smooth base. with just a bit of citrus tang. I know that I am not too good at describing these things but, for me, the over all affect was a very smooth, enjoyable smoke, no tongue bite, good flavor. I was quite surprised, truth be told. I had not expected a cheap, no label tobacco to be this good. I shall certainly be ordering more of this and it will enter my regular rotation.

Pipe Used: MM Mark Twain

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin.

Purchased From: Payless Pipes and Tobacco