A savoury golden flake tobacco made from the best grades of Virginia with just the right pinch of Louisiana Perique. Providing a smoke both easy and light with the typical mild natural taste.

BrandVantas Tabak
2.0
Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (179)
Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

Tin is of the like of the old Caledonians, similar to GLPs or C&Ds. Plastic cap over strap lid.

The tobacco has maintained a perfect moisture over the years. The tin contains something like a whole flake, or let's call it a bundle whose beginning and end I don't see ... The flake is soft and very pliable, thus I've started smoking it by tearing some pieces then working them between my fingers.

The tin aroma is rhum and chocolate, a bit woody, nice aroma indeed. The colour is medium brown, with lighter and darker specs. Takes the match very much easily and burns very cool and even.

The smoke is soft, woody and zesty but just a touch. Perique is present in small measure with some spice and a mushroom-y quality, no raisin or figs. I'm wondering if some Burley is in the game. It has no high peaks nor lows, nevertheless it's a nice chap and I may see it as an everyday smoke.

I don't even know who's producing this, and if it is still produced. Still a tin in my cabinet, I will open it in the next years.

Somewhat recommended.