London Export is a traditional English style hand rolling tobacco. The true Virginia blend is cured gently and allowed to reach full maturity.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Taste

Durwood Sauls Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Durwood Sauls (9)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A delectably sweet, full-flavored rolling tobacco. I currently smoke this in cigarette form but could see this being quite good in the pipe as well. To my tastes, smoked slow and easy as a cigarette this is similar to FVF. It has the same sweet, grassy, hay-like, maybe slight bright/citrus qualities in the pouch. I haven't tried this in the pipe yet and my only concern would be the shag cut. When the pouch is first open its probably a bit moist for the pipe. But after about a week it becomes way too dry.

I'm not sure if this is cased in something or not. It's like the big brother to Danish Export (shag). If it is flavored with something it's subtle, and meant to bring out the natural Virginia flavors. I get a woody, baking bread, tobacco flavor with top notes of sugar and spice (vanilla? Cinnamon?). This could also be the result of the tobacco origin and the aging process.

For some reason Virginia tobacco on my palate is the perfect natural sweetness, like honey. Maybe because I always smoke them slow and patiently. I take the time to soak in the mellow natural flavor of Virginia tobaccos. Smoking this as a filterless RYO is the closest thing I've found to having ready-made, short, pipe-like experiences, with the nic hit of a cigarette, of course.

Purchased From: News Stand

Similar Blends: Full Virginia Flake, Peterson Irish Oak.