This luxury blend is carefully composed of broken flake, black cavendish, various Virginia leaf and burley. The finesse and fresh taste has been achieved by the popular bergamot that has made the noble namesake "Earl Grey" world famous.

Notes: Formerly known as "No. 5 Earl Grey Flavour." Due to new regulations this is now called: "N°5 Oxford Blend" and has a simple blue label, like all Vauen blends have now.

BrandVauen
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
Taste
dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (99)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Citrus Virginia, nutty burley and a slight vanilla to the Cavendish are the main components here. With these quality varieties combined with bergamot this blend sends me to my happy place. I am a big fan of Earl Grey tea and Oxford blend delivers for me. Tin note and taste are nearly identical. Loads and fires well, delivers thick white/gray flavorful smoke with no bite or goop. Consistent flavor throughout the experience and leaves little to no dottle with the remains being a fine gray ash. The flavor reminds me more of the Russian Earl Grey tea than the standard English blend, a bit more lemon peel. Leaves a excellent after taste and very good room note. This is a blend the just seems to beg me to smoke it, repeatedly! Will have to say this is one of my top 3 favorite tobaccos and my favorite aromatic. Will lay in several more tins of this for sure. I give it a 4 because that’s the top of the scale. One note here, if you disdain the taste of Earl Grey tea, stay clear of this one(that leaves more for me!).