Nutty by name, nutty by nature!

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
Strength
Taste
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

McGahey - Nutty Mixture.

Seeing as the description for this is very basic I had no idea at all what I'd get. As it turns out, it's a dark, course cut blend with a slightly nutty aroma. Because the cuttings are still chunky they've held some water inside them; they're in need of a moderate drying time. Once a good level of hydration has been accomplished it's a good smoke though.

I enjoy the smoke to a higher degree than I expected; mind you, as I said, the description gave me pretty much zero expectations! The nut topping hasn't been added in a ridiculous quantity. The flavour I get mainly is a sort of toasty one. This taste is most heart-warming. I don't agree with this being a straight Virginia: it's far too dark. I'd say it's more like a Cavendish/Burley. It doesn't have too much or too little nicotine; that's the long way of saying it's medium I guess!

I don't class this as an aromatic blend; it has a topping that's been added to a level where it can be tasted but it's not a large enough amount to be labelled 'Aromatic'. Forgetting that niggle, it's still a nice smoke! Three stars.

Recommended.