A blend of Virginia, cavendish and latakia tobaccos to produce a smoke of fine character and aroma.

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Latakia, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Full
Medium None Detected Full Very Pleasant

McGahey - Widdecombe Mixture.

I had never heard of this company until I stumbled across another reviewer that mentioned they had purchased a blend from these folks. I looked at their website and was impressed by their many offerings, some of which I hadn't heard of; I emailed my shopping list through and got a very quick response/dispatch. This is the first one out of the batch I received.

The pouch has a very rich and full aroma. It's not one that's at all false, it's prominently a very deep tobacco note.

This pouch note is reflected well in the smoke. It lights easily and then delivers a thick/full smoke that's very flavoursome. The Latakia gives a good taste without it seeming over the top. It brings decent character to the smoke but there's not a massive amount of smokiness or woodiness to it. The Virginia is a little lighter on the palate, it's present, albeit not too strong. The smoke is pure; the only flavours that come through are very natural/full tobacco ones. It would fit well with the term 'rustic'.

The smokes nicotine content is just above medium. It doesn't seem too much, even if it's inhaled.

The room note? Again, this would suit the term rustic! I get along with it well.

This is my first McGahey blend and I must say I'm impressed with it.

Highly recommended.