This exotic blend comprises mellow Virginia's and modern Cavendish. With the lovely addition of almond, vanilla, chocolate, pineapple and rum. Now called D3846.

BrandPaul Olsen
Blended ByPaul Olsen
Manufactured ByMy Own Blend
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Nuts / Beans, Pineapple, Rum, Vanilla
Strength
Mild, Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium
Tolerable, Strong
1.0
Mild Strong Medium Strong

Paul Olsen - Hot Nuts/D3846 (My Own Blend).

The pineapple ruins this.

That was my initial reaction, and my opinion didn't change. I'll explain: The strongest addition in the tin-note is the pineapple, and (as I always find with P.O.) the water content of the blend is good. The ribbons are mid-sized and there's an even amount of Virginia to Cavendish.

The first few puffs have quite a pleasant flavour: slightly nutty, a little fruity, and pretty nice. Shame, after five minutes the pineapple turns up the volume and smashes things. It detracts from any of the other flavours, becoming sharper and more acerbic as the bowl burns. By the halfway point it's the ONLY added flavour, I can recognise.

The nicotine's mild, and the room-note is again spoiled by the pineapple.

I'm perplexed as to why this is called Hot Nuts? It tastes of pineapple, smells of pineapple, and tastes very little of nuts.

The worst Paul Olsen My Own Blend I've had.

Not recommended.

Pipe Used: Altinok Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: Four months

Purchased From: The Danish Pipe Shop

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

A friend shared a little of this blend with me. He said it was a crazy aromatic. That certainly got my interest up. He had it in a bag said it was hot nuts. Funny it smelled like somekind of fruit perhaps watermelon or maybe pineapple. It was a little goopy but not bad. First light.....wow what the heck is this!!! It taste like berries and pineapple and maybe some kind of melon. Wow not that bad..... a couple more puffs and pow! All I get is some kind of bitter fruity taste. I could not finish the bowl. My friend thought that was funny. He said it was the worst aromatic he had ever had and wanted to see if it was just him. Well it is not the worst aromatic I have ever smoked but it is a close second or third. Taste that's not pleasing at all.

Pipe Used: Nording