Delta Days is a first for H&H - a Virginia/Perique/Burley blend. We've combined matured red Virginia with a toasty sweetness with wonderful, rich mahogany Burley and a hearty amount of Perique. The Burley gives it more body and richness than typical Virginia/Perique blend, but it's smooth enough to be an all-day tobacco for those who enjoy something a bit bolder.

Notes: Introduced in 2015.

BrandHearth & Home
Unnoticeable, Pleasant, Tolerable
½ bowl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
½ bowl (88)
Medium None Detected Medium to Full Unnoticeable

The mahogany Burley dominates this blend and imparts a woody taste, with rough edges that are smoothed a little by the sweet Virginia. The Perique brings both dark fruit and peppery sensations to the mix. I find a tinge of "Burley bitters" -- but that's not altogether bad here. Overall there is a lack of balance, but it is nonetheless interesting. Smoke volume and body are excellent. I can't work up 3-star enthusiasm for this blend, but VaPer lovers who occasionally crave a Burley-forward smoke should try it.

BTW, the "Blend Type" should be classified as "American", not VaPer.

Similar Blends: This is better than GLP/Cumberland. If you want to avoid the woody taste, go for RO/Fire Storm. I could even see C&D/Haunted Bookshop on the same shelf -- despite its musty overtones.

Ozark bulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ozark bulldog (3)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

Bold is the key word here. Bold but not overpowering. The red Virginia is a little spicy sweet, the burley adds a lot of body and the perique is plummy pepper in flavor. All blended together very harmoniously. Definitely a great after dinner smoke. This blend has won a place in my tobacco rotation. Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Cobs and various briars

Age When Smoked: Fresh out of tin

papapauly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
papapauly (24)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Initially I found the blend sort of boring, but after a few days it started to grow on me. It is a rich tobacco taste, occasionally the burley comes through strong, other puffs have that spicy perique flavor. This is the tobacco I reach for when I don't want sweet and I don't want Latakia. It sits next to my tub of Prince Albert and jar of c&d bayou night for my "straight tobacco" moods. not a daily smoke but it ends up in my pipe a few times a week

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum