Mild English.

Strength
Taste
clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (99)

Normally I eschew Latakia Blends as an early morning smoke as I find them to be a bit much first thing in the day. A lot of smokers love English blends any time of a day - but I don't. Rather I usually start with a lighter Aro or VA blend and work up to English blends as my day progresses.

Which leads me too Golden Gate - this mild English hits all the notes for me as it has all the English Ingredilents - ie Perique, Latakia, Turkish Orientals. Plus it's spiced with a Dark Virginia that subdues the Latakia a bit.

According to the description the DarkVirginias are included in the blend so the room note is not offensive to others in the room. Ok - I'm not worried about "others in the room" complaining as I am sentenced to smoke alone outside in the Garage.

So the end result is - This all translates in a very mild English where the Latakia tastes almost like a condiment. The remaining taste is a semi sweet, complex mild English that goes perfectly with your morning Joe.

I have been grabbing this blend first thing in the morning as of late and I plan to order more for my cellar.

Well done Telford's!