All natural tobacco. Cool smoking, even burning without bite.

Notes: Distributed by: East West Distributing Co., Deerfield,IL.

BrandBlender's Gold
2.2
bulletsnbriars Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bulletsnbriars (4)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

I had realistic expdctations for this blend. I was in a jam and couldn't get to my regular B&M and was at Walgreens anyway, so I decided to give it a shot. I love cherry aros and figured even an OTC would be okay. How hard can it be to mess up cherry aro?

Pretty moist right out of the tin, but lit okay. Had a little trouble packing but thats probably just my rookie skills. First bowl was okay. I was far from impressed, but like a good reviewer I tried a few more bowls. It got worse. I tried to blend with more pleasant aros and other tobaccos and it made the whole thing taste bad.

Theres no cherry here unless you really, really puff it to the point of biting. Theres hardly any flavor, period. Just nasty ash tray. I would not smoke this even if I had no other choices.

This stuff was so bad I haven't been able to smoke any other aros since.

Pipe Used: MM Cob

Age When Smoked: Right out of the tin.

Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Not that much cherry taste, and I got a very slight hint of vanilla. Hasn't much tobacco taste outside of a little toast and grass. Dry it a lot because it's too wet, and needs to be dried for some time. The strength is very mild, and while the taste sits squarely on the mild mark. Hardly has any nicotine. Won't bite, leaves too much moisture in the bowl and you may get some dottle as well. Burns a little slow with a smoothly consistent, lack luster flavor. Has a pleasant room note, but most cherry blends do. The after taste is okay. An all day smoke.

-JimInks

Sunday Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunday (26)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

As if I was being controlled by outside extraterrestrial sources I stopped in at Walgreens even though I didn't need any pipe tobacco. I have enough in the pantry to last through a zombie apocalypse and should not be buying any OTC blends anyway. This is 3-1/2 ounces for less than $9 made by Sutliff and cherry flavored pipe tobaccos are inherently pretty crappy so I had low hopes. Like I said I don't know why I even bought it, the tin note is extreme- I have never smelled any Royal cherries before nor have I ever smelled anything like this, but... It isn't sticky, burns very well and actually tastes better than Middleton's or Capt'n Black's cherry....and I recommend giving it a try

Pipe Used: Both briars and cobs

ericp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ericp (1)

this is a mild cherry cavendish that i i picked up at a local Walgreens. the flavor is cherry with a touch of citrus or cranberry. it has a great smell out of the can but smokes without much flavor. according to the labeling this tobacco is distributed by east west but made by sutliff tobacco.

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum patriot

Age When Smoked: on shelf less 2 weeks

Purchased From: walgreens

Similar Blends: similar to but slightly better than captain black cherry.

atomicbuster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
atomicbuster (65)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

If the label says cherry, I expect cherry. This was purely flavorless, hot air. It smokes wet even after drying for a few days. The only positives are that it burns well with little to no bite. And it was very inexpensive. There are hundreds of blends, look elsewhere. Not recommended.

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28795)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

I purchased my large bag of tobacco at Walgreens drug store. It is cheap for the amount you get but be prepared to get bite (tongue numbness and dry throat). You will need to pack the bowl lightly and suck slowly once the bowl is lit. But even before that you really should try my proven method for this sort of tobacco. Get a large pot or better yet a stainless steel bowl. Dump the tobacco out into the bowl/pot and put on the stove and turn the burner to the lowest setting. Every 10 minutes or so toss the tobacco around. This makes your place smell very nice and I use this method to do a few things my tobaccos. - locate the stems and bad pieces - mix and add other tobaccos and insure proper blending - dry the moistest tobaccos to a very good smoking dryness

If you are on a budget or love playing with mixing of tobaccos this is the way to do it. Online you can also find many other brands of large bag tobaccos or aromatic brands that are very moist. This particular aromatic Cavendish is great to add to a toasted Cavendish, whiskey, rum or Virgina blended tobaccos.

Mephisto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mephisto (32)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Well this casing laden tobac is ok if you are in that mood but a drugstore blend for sure just another one of this kind

Corncob3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob3 (77)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Absolutely love the Blender's Gold series. I'm not a fan of cherry flavored tobacco, but I have to say this is quite good. BG always gets frowned upon by reviewers but I hope this observation might change their mind. My advice: dry these blends on a baking pan at room temp-or 74-76 degrees. A neat little trick is to place the mixture in front of your heater during the winter, or dry just outside your door during summer. Next, break down the dry leaf with your fingers, making it easier to load your pipe. Fill three quarters of the way, then give it a few charring lights. Tamper down then light again. Sit back, relax and sip. This method brings out all the great nuances in these blends.Trust me you won't be dissapointed. As for Royal Cherry, I got a good bit of flavor during charring. When puffing away it reminds one of cherry soda and raisin bread sweetness. Got sweeter midway down with a little spice in the background to keep things interesting. It ends on a smooth and creamy note. The room note is divine. I would put this one notch below Velvet, and this makes a good substitute if you can't muster up enough for a can of the legendary V. Would I smoke this as a daily. Probably not. However if the mood strikes, you can't go wrong with BG Royal Cherry. And yes, I'll definitely give this one four stars.

Pipe Used: Corncob

Cobpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cobpiper (2)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I am a new pipe smoker so this review may not mean much. That being said the very first tobacco I picked up was BG royal cherry. While I smoked a few bowls of it i researched some on line. I ordered moontrance, mac barren vanilla cream, ashton's rainy day, briarwoods sweet tea and drew estate harvest on Hudson. Well after trying multiple bowls of each I came to the conclusion that Blenders gold cherry is by far my favorite so far. The taste is smooth and everyone loves the room note. I have yet to get tounge bite but I smoke jently. I put in an order for 10 tins of various tobaccos and will see if this stays on top. I will be cellering a pound of this.

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum c.c. legend and diplomat apple

Age When Smoked: Unknown

Corn cobs and briers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corn cobs and briers (6)

Very enjoyable when dried for a week or two. It smokes very well when dried and smoother than it would if straight out tin. Its brand that hands down can not be rushed or smoked very hot....it will turn off to the hobby. O can say that cherry does fade a bit but picks with slow draws just when its nearly off. The room note is no doubt cherry and sweet. Is it an all day it can be...but will get as an all day. I found blendings with golden burley and a slight pinch of vanilla... Gives more flavor and aroma to the blend making experiance a bit more enjoyable when pipe tobacco is scarce or money is tight ..